Shorting is extremely risky in this market- losses, losses, losses

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HedgefundTrader2, Feb 24, 2008.

1. SHORTING IS EXTREMELY RISKY IN THIS MARKET. YOU WILL INCUR HUGE LOSSES.

This was a monster class buy program that hit Friday Feb 22, 2008, well timed, and well exceuted. About 20% of day's volume unleashed in last 1/2 hr. I mean it was a Tsunami that leveled all these shallow water fishes, pirhanas, crocodiles and shorts, that were swimming in it eating people's lives and limbs for 2 days of relentless selling.

Whoever did it, I salute them. May you unleash this again, please....

2. Shorting is not any riskier than going long. Seeing how the long term trend is now down, I would argue that going long is slightly more dangerous. However, whatever perceived danger exists on either side of the market is far, far less dangerous than having a bias. Having a bias, in daytrading, will get you killed... but even having a bias is less risky than being a douchebag attention hungry masochist spamming ET.

3. You came here to call people douchebags? Unless you are one yourself you wouldn't do that.

4. DOUCHEBAG

5. Lol to this thread ...

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Why, you long from much higher prices?

7. in his paper trading account he is

8. please just put this assclown on ignore. he is begging for attention. let's not give it to him.

9. I was short and closed my position Friday afternoon, prior to the massive upswing, because the downwards momentum was waining and there was bullish MACD divergence. OP, do you have a long position?, why the bias?

10. Sorry those were not Buy programs. That was a lot of short covering on the news of the Bond Insurers potential deal.

A buy program would be related the to cash vs. futures spreads.

Funny stuff these guys like day offer a lot of entertainment

#10     Feb 24, 2008