Shorting into FED

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EMRGLOBAL, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Sounds good. I figgers 500 Dow points one way or t'other coming out of this formation over the next few days. Just an uneducated guess, of course, but that's my personal guideline.

GL

#21     Sep 21, 2011
  2. EPrado

EPrado

He is a rockstar......his record label brings in $1000-$3000 a month !!!!!

I am sure he is also an oil magnate.....he does live in Texas. That makes him qualified.

#22     Sep 21, 2011
  3. EPrado

EPrado

Here's what EMR says:

"If we rally hard into the FED...will short heavy."

Then later:

"Never, never never put on a position right before the decision!"

Makes sense
    :confused:

#23     Sep 21, 2011
  4. Arnie

Arnie

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yqVFJNcQ4X0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#24     Sep 21, 2011
  5. emr,
    now thats a sell off.

#25     Sep 21, 2011
  6. mikeenday

mikeenday Guest

Guess you must be regretting to bail out too soon.

to be correct and only gain two cents instead of a dollar really is annoying.

#26     Sep 21, 2011
  7. Coolweb...yes it was.

However, I was forced to cover 75% of my position off the open we we sold off in the late morning.

However I did hold the 25% short into the close.

I had to follow my game plan. I was a little pissed off that we did not rally hard into the FED decision, which I would have shorted into heavy.

But, my plan did not work out like I thought.

Nevertheless it was a good day on the profit end. Holding that 25% short position into the close help to make up most of my win.

The 75% I covered early, due to the small sell off was a decent gain.

My plan was for the Market to give me a small pop off the open to short and chop into about 15 minuets before, when it would rally into the Fed meeting, giving me a huge opportunity to short.

But that is not what happen.

#27     Sep 21, 2011
  8. Mikenday,

I had no choice but to cover 75% of my short position earlier in the day. The market was not acting the way I was anticipating.

I left 25% on the table because the sell off before the FED, early in the day, was not huge. If we had sold off more than we did, I would have covered the entire position.

2cents? I made far more than Two Cents. I did not make enough to buy a car or house, but just enough to drop a few grand on a watch I want.

all in all, im ok with my decision. It was smart and I'm off to the store to get my watch.

#28     Sep 21, 2011

9. good work, improve everyday, u got the direction right.
    u get ur watch, i'm going to vegas to buy a house.

#29     Sep 21, 2011
  10. his dope EMR thinks the fed is going to cut today.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Most you ass clowns need to learn to read. I was not expecting a cut. I said the market has built in a cut in.

I did not expect them to do much, hence a sell off, hence my short position..... but I did not expect the sell off before the Fed Announcement, even the small sell off, I expect more chop than anything the then I expect a rally into the announcement.

Second I doubt any of you clowns caught the short after the decision, and if you did market orders you got fucked and shorted the lows.

And yes, I tour you fucking idiot. My label makes more in one day than your trading abilities in a year.

Just made 100k off a remix I did for Katy Perry fuck nut. And the label is only my hobby.

#30     Sep 21, 2011