Shorting Ford and First Solar F and FSLR

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jackstone54, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Never short a Company like Ford trading at 52 week lows. Cmon this is Ford we're talking about ; not some crappy biotech.

#41     Apr 24, 2008
  2. Ford = 5 cent profit

Ouch to shorts!

#42     Apr 24, 2008
  3. :eek: your decisions are opposite mine.
    Ford has been a buy for months and will be a buy for months.

shorting stocks is for people who know what they're doing

#43     Apr 24, 2008
  4. Are you shitting me on F. I have no action on this in either direction but now after giving all gains back from earnings, this POS has Tracinda bagging 20M of worthless common at 8.50? Looks like all the bagholders that bought after earnings get saved.

#44     Apr 28, 2008
  5. these were some awful calls

not surprisingly jackshit54 is nowhere to be seen

#45     Apr 28, 2008
  6. still in FSLR?

#46     Apr 30, 2008
  7. I doubt very seriously he trades or invests. He likes to make as many predictions as he can with the hope that one may be right. Hell, he is so stupid he took credit for one of his short calls even though it was still 10 dollars a share above his entry.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125926

He is definitely a legend in his own mind.

edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention it is now 18.00 over entry.

#47     Apr 30, 2008
  8. Yeah. Im still in FSLR. This is one that I did get right. I got stopped out of a few of those other positions like V (Holygrail). Sorry, I dont spend time at the public library all day monitoring the markets and elitetrader like Holygrail so I cant post entry-exits like I want to.

Holygrail, why not simply get out of the public library and get yourself a real job or trade at a real firm versus paper trading at the public library?

#48     May 1, 2008
  9. Hey, why don't you post the trade.

#49     May 1, 2008
  10. Just as a joke, I set my watch to about 15 minutes so I can check back to see if Holygrail replied. Looks like he is still at the public library enjoying a slurpy.

When I get the time, I might post the trade, but I just dont have that much time and my days are not speant sipping slurpees at the library or accessing the internet while in a study hall in high school. I have other more pressing issues to attend to...

#50     May 1, 2008