Shorting Ford and First Solar F and FSLR

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jackstone54, Apr 12, 2008.

1. why is the party over? whats your rationale for saying this. oil is making historic highs - shouldnt these stocks be running even higher???

#21     Apr 15, 2008
  2. Eh I am probably wrong on these calls, so please don't take trades based on what I say as I am frequently wrong.

My logic is based on two things:

FSLR is the solar leader. The retracements in STP and SPWR were no where near as strong as the one in FSLR, falling short quite a way from getting back to old highs. Therefore, the rally in FSLR is not due to general conditions for solar but rather something going on behind the scenes in the stock itself (which we do not know about). A general cannot lead without its troops. This is similar to looking at all the grains when trading commodities (ie. looking at oats and corn, or even nat gas and coal - not just oil)

We are in a bear market so I would look to be short anything on a primary downswing, and as FSLR is a momentum stock it will go down quite a bit when the overall market goes down. Between you and me, this is arguable as your definition of a bear market may be different than mine. But that's how I see it.

#22     Apr 15, 2008
  3. jackstone is jreynolds212 if you remember him.

anyhow...jackstone....give us share size and prices.

#23     Apr 15, 2008
  4. jackstone is full of it

#24     Apr 15, 2008
  5. Looks like FSLR is rocketing again

#25     Apr 15, 2008
  6. FSLR is a good short... 30% Short fall from current price is possible.

#26     Apr 16, 2008
  7. still averaging in?

#27     Apr 16, 2008
  8. Pachoo

Pachoo

Another colossal miss by Jackstone lol.

#28     Apr 16, 2008
  9. bowls and cups are usually bullish formations... bowl = consolidation

#29     Apr 16, 2008
  10. I wouldnt go long until 5% past the last top. FSLR made it to that 5% with a few pennys but quickly turned back.

Ford missed that 5% by a few pennies.

Futures in the red now so I would wait before celebrating that I was wrong on this call.

#30     Apr 17, 2008