Shorting Ford and First Solar F and FSLR

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jackstone54, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Also, I forgot to add that I read the tape and FSLR was showing a little short term strength but I'm bearish on the whole market so I don't expect FSLR's strength to completely hold.

#11     Apr 13, 2008
  2. Good to know am not only one fighting the tape on FSLR. Kinda reminds me of last year's battle with CROX. Some stocks just scream to be shorted. But needs one more signal, the IC spread( Investors Chronicle-United Kingdom) spread, whenever IC does a quasi editorial on a sector or asset type it means you are about 6-8 weeks away from a top !

#12     Apr 13, 2008
  3. this is a text book example as to how guys blow out their accounts. there is absolutely no reason (as of now) to be short FSLR. if anything the chart is still very bullish;a small consolidation(bull flag) after the big run.you could get in a short on a break of 263 and covering near 255.shorting right now based on fundamentals is foolish;don't do it,its an amateur move.

#13     Apr 13, 2008
  4. zdreg

zdreg

"purchased around 7 or shorted around 7?

#14     Apr 13, 2008

5. Well the insiders at FSLR seem to be seeing some reason to sell!!! Check out all the insider activity as of late.

http://www.secform4.com/insider-trading/1274494.htm

I'm short tomorrow morning with a fairly tight stop.

#15     Apr 14, 2008
  6. First off - insider buying and selling should NOT be used for short-term timing purposes

It has some value if you are trading for longer-term periods (i.e. 3 mo - 6 mo out)

But remember TMA (Thornburg Mortgage) - insiders were buying and the stock collapsed

#16     Apr 14, 2008
  7. Those of you who are short - did you cut your losses?

Or are you going to continue to hold?

It's risky to hold - if FSLR makes new highs - it's over

Take it from me - small losses can be made back very quickly

Just don't hold and take the mother of all losses

#17     Apr 15, 2008
  8. I covered my position in FSLR and took some heat from the gap up but I am up over 30 points on my short ISRG position.

As a rule I am out on FSLR. I would like to see the volume and where we close the day, so I will be keeping an eye on the tape. It's very likely I will put out my short at a later time, though probably not today.

#18     Apr 15, 2008
  9. Jackstone54/michaelscott seems to have lost his way to this thread.

#19     Apr 15, 2008
  10. After looking it, I am almost positive of some very crafty selling in FSLR. I would go ahead and either put on a short on FSLR at these levels with a very tight stop, or wait quite a bit later when FSLR is down 10, 20 points from these levels for a sure thing. An even surer play is to short other solar candidates like STP or SPWR, the whole solar party is over.

#20     Apr 15, 2008