Shorting Apple with a target of $250

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by retaildaytrader, Oct 13, 2010.

1. sniper

sniper

Ghost of Cutten, really good comments there. There are infinite ways to make money in the markets, but having a system that fits your style is key. AAPL is the definite market leader at this point and shorting now for a swing trade (at new all-time highs) going into earnings is clearly risky. Like the opposite of catching a falling knife. Even though I am short-term oriented, I like to look at the longer term to find the leaders. Love the Livermore/Darvas/Zanger approach for finding and trading leaders!

http://independent-trader-ken.blogspot.com/

#51     Oct 17, 2010
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

The reason AAPL keeps breaking out to new highs is because a lot more investors/traders want to buy it than want to sell it. EVERYONE who owns AAPL stock, even if they bought at its all-time high of $315 during regular market hours on Friday, was profitable by the time after-hours trading closed. Everyone. No one is in any pain owning AAPL stock right now.

I know money can be made counter-trend trading, but it's so much easier to make money with the trend.

If you bought .01 above AAPL's all-time high of 310.87 half an hour before the market closed on Friday, you were up nearly 4 points at the close, and even more in after hours trading.

I made $190 in 35 seconds Friday selling a new low of the day in crude oil after price had already made 4 new lows throughout the entire day.

With-trend is where the easy money is found.

#52     Oct 17, 2010
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Having read your TXN ideas I think its inevitable you'll be telling us APPL is a good short at $340, $360, $380 but when queried you'll claim you make money intraday regardless. Seems to be the standard thing on here these days.

Those who are gullible can buy short term PUTS on TXN based on your recommendation ( they might even be buying them from you, something ET probably should be caseful about is people making calls then taking the opposite position -- is that even legal I wonder ? ).

Ethically I think this site has some issues right now, starting with the complete lack of accountability people are taking on their calls, and quite likely the honesty with which they report about their trading.

#53     Oct 17, 2010
  4. hajimow

hajimow

I know that many people won't believe my performance and will need a notorized copy of my trades with my SSIN and brokerage account number to maybe believe what I say. I don't twist your arms to believe me.

#54     Oct 17, 2010
  5. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

This is the only performance indicator we can rely on, how well trades like this worked out in reality. So I invite readers to pull up a chart of TXN and look carefully at September 23rd forward.

Since then you have posted recommended shorts on TXN, APPL, GOOG, and miscellaneous other technology stocks. You are like a stuck record on these recommendations.

#55     Oct 18, 2010
  6. Saoleo

Saoleo

Îê, AAPL vs. S&P is the bad pair for this strategies. Long Spy vs. short MNX more likes to me.

About AAPL. Now AAPL is ok. But everything can change very fast in this sphere of economics. Nok, MOT is example.

#56     Oct 18, 2010
  7. Short 318.68.

#57     Oct 18, 2010
  8. Out 315.10.

#58     Oct 18, 2010
  9. nice scalpin there mr. :)

#59     Oct 18, 2010
  10. you got any targets on this for earnings?

#60     Oct 18, 2010