Shortie's Economic Solution - Build Reservations!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shortie, Nov 26, 2011.

1. There will be fewer and fewer jobs in US for the next 20 years. It is better to start making hard decisions now.

I propose to build multiple reservations that could absorb 150M Americans. The folks in the reservation will be guaranteed a low but stable level of quality of life (food, vitamins, basic healthcare). No work will be required from those in the reservation. The reservation is essentially for those who don't want to work or can't realistically find a job in the future.

The immigration to and from the Great American Reservations will be voluntary. Maybe some wait time will need to be observed to prevent people moving in and out too frequently.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

What does you sister/wife think about you guys moving into a reservation?

3. Are you concerned the government will tighten up and you'll lose your welfare?

4. That's the point of view of lefties who don't know how to run a country.
    Who provides the food and healthcare? People from outside the reservation? Also, work is required to clean and maintain the reservation. You gonna impose on outsiders to provide the labor? [​IMG]

5. Sounds like a nursing home.

I think there will me more and more religious sects creating private communes.

I believe more families will adopt the Asian joint family living arrangements.

6. Astute post

7. building and maintaining the reservations will create some jobs.

the reservations are not meant to be self-sustainable. they will be mainly financed by the outside resources.

8. Public sector union jobs? No thanks. Give them army tents, wood, nails, tools, etc. Let them build their own living quarters.
    Why not? The occupants can fish, hunt, farm, cook, clean, etc. People are suppose to already have those skills.

A movie called Defiance shows how the Jews not only had to survive in the wilderness, keeping themselves isolated, they also had to defend themselves from Nazis.

The reservation can be run like a country, except in a much smaller scale. People have to pull their own weight. People are gonna have serious problems if they have to pull the weight of lazy asses like shortie!
    [​IMG]

9. US jobs are not coming back from India and China. There will be some jobs in the reservations but clearly not enough to make a dent in the overall unemployment level. For simplicity sake we can assume that the reservations will be largely financed by the government.

One benefit of the reservation is that less resources will be required to keep the people there afloat compared to the present situation where the hopelessly unemployed are spread out all over the country.