Shortest Time Between Stock Splits ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by HappyTrader, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Not sure how I would find this out on my own, if anyone knows, please point me in the right direction.

I had a funny thought the other day:
    TSLA is at 2k (at the time I start writing this, could be 2.3k by the time I finish). And they are planning a 5:1 split. Which would put them at 400.

But, that is a price point where AAPL is roughly planning to split. Suggesting that it's a price point where one would consider doing a split.

So might TSLA, in this case, consider *another* split? It seems odd they would do it right away. So about how long after a split has one seen a second split? Especially during the last 20 years.

(I have dim recollections of MSFT splitting every 2-3 years back in the day, but since the .COM bust I have not noticed such activity).

Thank you.

Nobert and murray t turtle like this.
  2. jharmon

jharmon

Crazy stuff happened a few times in the tech boom with consecutive splits within limited time periods. Like a month or two.

It happened to me at least twice from memory but need to find some old spreadsheets.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. jharmon

jharmon

Found a crazy one in my records:

Globix (GBIX). 2:1 split on literally the last day of 1999 then again 2:1 split start of Feb 2000. Crazy volatility those days. Reminds me of... now.

HappyTrader and vanzandt like this.
  4. %%
    The more the merrier/long stock/long etfs; inverse stock splits=========less is better.
    Even the WSJ, whose reporters are dumb enough to confuse markets with gambling-- note ''capital is being destroyed on etf inverse stock splits''...………………………………………………..

5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Penny stocks are in a whole other universe.

I doubt TSLA will split - unless it runs up above at least $1000 probably $2k - anytime soon.

Yes Musk is impetuous but lately he has been on a roll and kept himself in check.

6. Overnight

Overnight

In thinking about this, it would not surprise me if we see an initial selloff of those stocks in early next week, as all the traders "not in the know" wake up Monday morning and see the stock price 1/5 or 1/5th of where they were today, and thus panic sell.

Only later on will they realize what the deal is, and then go "Oh shit, I gotta' get back in!"

luckyfnlou likes this.
  7. I would hope they notice they have 5x as many shares. My other thought is that there will be this feeling that it 'should' go back up to 2000 'again', and they will drive it there fast.

VicBee likes this.
  8. VicBee

VicBee

There are rumors Tsla will split again before it hits 1k, which I expect will be within 18 months.
    As for Monday... We're looking at about 443 opening bell and I'm ready to bet it will close above 500 that day.