Shorted 1000 QQQ at 25

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jturner, Sep 28, 2002.

1. jturner

jturner

That's true. What stocks do you use for daytrades?

#51     Oct 4, 2002
  2. I like EBAY and MIK. I also get daily picks from longbulltrading.com. GS is good too but has a higher price.

#52     Oct 4, 2002
  3. jturner

jturner

Thanks. Market seems to have no bottom. 1 day up. 3 days down

#53     Oct 4, 2002
  4. If you follow the trend, you don't care where the bottom or top is.

#54     Oct 4, 2002
  5. I think the market is bottoming out. How lower can it go? Prices cant have negative numbers as quotes and most of the dot coms have been delisted. Time to go long.

#55     Oct 4, 2002
  6. That's what Mutual Funds managers have been saying for the past two years: the market has reached a bottom, it's time to buy.

#56     Oct 4, 2002
  7. dottom

dottom

This is a common fallacy made by many investors/speculators, i.e. "how low can it go? it can't go to zero". First of all, yes it can get pretty darn close to zero (see Enron, Global Crossing, Worldcom, Williams Communication, Kmart, etc.) .

And secondly, declining stocks approaching zero can and often perform reverse splits, then the decline continues, then reverse split again, pete & repeat.

Other stocks just keep on the steady decline. Look at SUNW- how many people thought "it can't go much lower" when it was at $10, $7, $5, $4, $3.... Why not just hold your short trading the trend?

#57     Oct 4, 2002
  8. mskl

mskl

is that your theory??

Theoretically prices can keep getting cut in half and not go to zero.

Ever heard of a reverse stock split?

#58     Oct 4, 2002
  9. mskl

mskl

dottom,

you beat me to it

#59     Oct 4, 2002
  10. For a stock, the bottom is 0. Sounds funny but look at the highfliers of the 90s: CORV, AMCC, TERN, VTSS, WCOM.... As far as QQQ is concerned, it will probably exist forever but at what price?

#60     Oct 4, 2002