SHORT Walmart? "Loughner Bought Bullets at Walmart"

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by AMT4SWA, Jan 13, 2011.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Amazing huh?! People then were actually trusted enough to buy a fully automatic .45 Thompson at a local hardware store and shoot at targets, which 99.997% did. A handfull of Mafioso made the Thompson famous as it IS effective when used correctly. The problem is human nature is to focus on the odd, wild, the bad as it's not "the norm." Normal "stuff" isn't entertaining, and it's human nature to watch a shark attack vs. a 'normal' scenario like someone using a machine gun to shoot paper targets.

"Back then," if one were convicted of murder in the 1st degree using the Thompson for example, they would usually be executed in short manner by hanging, the chair, or in some States, firing squad. They wouldn't sit on death row for 35 years, and suck the taxpayer dry like they do today...

"Back then," people used to leave their house doors unlocked, their cars unlocked in the driveway (most with keys above visor. Lol), let their kids walk to and from school, knowing they will come home safely.

In 2011, I wouldn't let my Sons walk to School, or from School for ANY amount of money, and we live in what is considered a safe area!

Wonder what's REALLY changed...

#41     Jan 14, 2011
  2. no you aren't. The man in charge is. Despite being a nutjob? Yeah I'd say.

#42     Jan 15, 2011
  3. Actually we should (and I am) impressed. Its very difficult to get in let alone make it through Marine officer school. To say that your not impressed to me means you don't know what you don't know or your just an ass.

I am not sure which but let me advise you that he busted his ass and was willing to lay down his life to serve out country. If that doesn't make it clear than I guess its to late at night for me to come up with something that will make it clear. (If you don't know what the term semper fi devil dog means then you don't know enough about the Marines to make judgment IMHO)

oh and by the way, I was in the NAVY but I know enough to know those that wore the eagle globe and anchor deserve some respect

RW

#43     Jan 15, 2011
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Thanks Robert!
    I guess some of the posters here have never been educated on just exactly who keeps them free...

My Step Father was in the USN during Vietnam. He has seen the World, no question.

Thanks for your service!:)

#44     Jan 15, 2011
  5. #45     Jan 15, 2011
  6. nLepwa

nLepwa

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/ficap/resourcebook/Final Resource Book Updated 2009 Section 1.pdf

(One study among hundreds that reach the same conclusion).

"The correlation between firearm availability and rates of homicide is consistent across hig
    income industrialized nations: where there are more firearms, there are higher rates homicide overall.

In the U.S., the youth firearm death rate is high relative to other countries. The death rate for all causes of firearm mortality (homicide, suicide, and unintentional) is higher for people less than 25 years old in the U.S. than in other high-income nations.

In 1995, the overall firearm-related death rate among American children younger than 15 years was nearly 12 times higher than for children in 25 other industrialized countries combined. "

That's "freedom" the american way...

Ninna

#46     Jan 15, 2011
  7. This study has well known and serious flaws. I'm disappointed that you cited it.

A more respected resource is More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws (Studies in Law and Economics)

#47     Jan 15, 2011
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

#48     Jan 15, 2011
  9. nLepwa

nLepwa

As I said, one among hundreds...

And they all show the correlation between availability of firearms and homicide number.
    I'd like to see any statistical evidence of the contrary.

Ninna

#49     Jan 15, 2011
  10. #50     Jan 15, 2011