SHORT this gap up, it's a joke ----

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NY_HOOD, Dec 19, 2008.

1. ET is like Jim Rogers: "Never a losing trade, since 1971".

#11     Dec 19, 2008
  2. Look, I'm not knocking you. Honestly. I don't dislike or like you either.

But you really don't "help" anyone by posting these "calls" anymore than folks like, say, Rowshan helps anyone by posting "calls" that the S+P will hit 700 before 1000.

There's no way to distinguish your record from anyone elses. So the only way you can actually help is to go into detail as to why your call is being made - preferably, technical analysis. Merely posting a one or two liner like "Auto bailout is a bunch of crap, market won't fall for it" or something of the sort does nothing but throw yet another opinion into a sea of such opinions on both sides of the fence. And when I see posts like that, I throw them into chit chat, because they're worthless.

Further more, if you're going to make calls like these, then come back to this thread and update ANY and ALL changes you make the moment after you make them. People retort "I dont have time to come here and update the thread when I'm trading." and that's a fair excuse. But if you don't have the time, then don't expect the respect for making calls.

Lastly, don't be afraid to admit on an anonymous message board that you took a loss. We all take losses. I have many more than I care to count. Real traders take losses, no matter what egomaniacs claim.

But if you don't care, then just keep doing what you're doing. But don't expect us to come here and bow at the altar of NY HOOD for a random - and that's what it is, random - "call".

#12     Dec 19, 2008
  3. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

i make plenty of losing trades. the difference between my losing trades and most others is that i always have an exit stradegy and stick with it. i mentioned my exit stradegy on my original post. now,when the market quickly reversed,why don't you think i re entered? i mean why would'nt i,it was easy money?

#13     Dec 19, 2008
  4. It's not that I doubt you re-entered. But if you're going to make one of these threads, keep it timely. Don't come back after you made money and tell us about it. Let us see it in action so your credibility is there.

Just advice. Tell me to piss off if you want.

#14     Dec 19, 2008
  5. market drifting higher. take profit & go long b4 the market surges again.

#15     Dec 19, 2008
  6. well, I'm biased and bulllish. I like the double bottom hammer we made on Monday, and futures are already climbing up this evening. Asian markets are up out of the gates as well.

#16     Dec 29, 2008
  7. Dont be a noob. All dips are to be bought. We're in a new bull narket that began with the tim geitner rally of november 21. I know pretty much everything.

#17     Dec 29, 2008
  8. ET is like Madoff: "Never a losing quarter sense 1966." :cool:

#18     Dec 30, 2008
  9. And full of misspelled words, by the boatload.
    Post after post after post.

#19     Dec 30, 2008