Short The SPY?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by joshcharles68, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Just wondering peoples thoughts on this. It's looking like it's near/around it's all time high, I'm thinking it'll plummet before it goes any higher.

Thoughts? I always like to hear what others have to say.

2. I might agree...'cept marketsurfer "guaranteed" that we would not go higher...

The Market hates guarantees. :)

3. LOL, nope...I would be leery of anyone "guarenteeing" anything that happens in the stock market, that's for sure!

4. I think the SPYders seem to (almost) be in free fall. All I can hear right now is Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'" playing in my head, dreaming of shorting a huge position and making tonnes of cash while everyone else is poopin' their pants panicking!

5. I don't know about that. I know we've seen some pretty bearish days, but I think the bullish momentum could continue. (That's a great song by the way.)

6. it's really close, i can feel it!

7. If the S&P can go up 9 handles even when GOOG and MSFT fall big, there's little reason to short the market. Wait until there are signs of large cap stocks falling on no news. (This may not happen for another month or two.)

8. It’s way to early to call the top on the S&P yet. The market might be getting there but there’s really nothing to support that theory. I personally thought it wouldn’t be able to easily break through 15,000 DOW let alone 15,500 we’re at now.

9. We might be close to the top though. There are beginning to be cracks in this recovery and it feels like the mom and pop traders are pretty much all in at this point.

10. Yes, another 1 or 2 months more...maybe less...it's obviously impossible to call exact tops or bottoms, but when you're position trading, give or take a month or 2 is pretty accurate.

#10     Jul 30, 2013