short the eur/jpy @ 142.40

Discussion in 'Forex' started by aestreux, Feb 7, 2006.

1. TP 40 sounds good, thks ;-)

got 4cast but cldn't find the ref to 118 options... still getting used to it... loads of info in there!

cheers!

#31     Feb 8, 2006
  2. aestreux

aestreux

don't get drawn in too far about the things
    mentioned on 4cast... sort it out carefully,
    it is a fun read though! like an inside scoop on things...

you're halfway there with usd/jpy under 117.80 now, might drop to 117 soon.

nikkei dropped pretty big, yen has been going up on nikkei downside movement.

#32     Feb 8, 2006
  3. thanks, yeah the nikkei drop, not much of a surprise really, on pent-up rate-related expectations, yest's MS report etc

have moved my stop to 117.90 to pay for the beers but will monitor closely till today's UK figures. if price action similar to yesterday's incl cont'd oil weakness etc, will wait till low 117 to close

#33     Feb 8, 2006
  4. aestreux

aestreux

my only short term concern is the usd strength over eur and gbp right now- helping the usd/jpy bounce up from the low 117.60 area.

i might lock in some profits and wait for the next entry point to short.

hope we don't see any "snap-back" action back to 118.00

#34     Feb 8, 2006
  5. sorry got tied up - visitor... - but closed at 1.7780 when it started moving up, thks for the 20 pips ;-) iou

tempting to go back in... wish i'd been in front of the screen when it got back to 118... but think the down move may have lost some steam now, oil & gold r kinda holding out at the mo', therefore will rather wait for UK ind & manu prod... expecting a disappointment there, but will trade either way, no bias, full-size...

thks again and all the best!

#35     Feb 8, 2006
  6. aestreux

aestreux

usd/jpy snapped back to over 118.00, i'd wait on this. i shorted the gbp/usd, but sold out way too early. sitting in cash right now.

whether it be options expiry or econ numbers coming out.... i'd let things settle for a bit, the weakness in usd against eur/gbp seems to be help keep the usd/jpy afloat for the time being.

#36     Feb 8, 2006
  7. uk figures not as disappointing as i'd thot, cldn't see it breaking 1.74, didn't go in...

usdjpy... i wld be surprised if fukui says sthg even marginally revolutionary tomorrow, think the surprise is already behind us, therefore wld expect the carry trades to recommence to put pressure on jpy

tom's nz employment figures always worth watching... they never get them right...

#37     Feb 8, 2006
  8. aestreux

aestreux

usd/jpy around 118.30 i'd short for a quickie. i'd like to see a "snap-back" to 118.00-118.05 but i'll be watching closely!

#38     Feb 8, 2006
  9. aestreux

aestreux

nz numbers are always bleak. with gold being slammed, commodity currencies won't fare well. aud/usd .7380 nzd/usd .6767

#39     Feb 8, 2006
  10. dinner time here... with oil & gold stabilized, no additional info to invite more yen longs till tom (perhaps, just perhaps), with strong $, weak gbp, proud but hollow euro (on rate diff. outlook) i'll pass... will wait to eat my kiwi early morn tomorrow ;-) nite!

#40     Feb 8, 2006