Short Term Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jasonchr, Oct 5, 2002.

1. me too, that makes two of us. So now what else can this money buy?

#31     Oct 5, 2002
  2. I guess all this is relative to how you define short. For Warren Buffet its about 10 years. :) Carol

#32     Oct 5, 2002
  3. I'm not going to carry on any more conversations with FPC if you are going to delete his inquiries to me and only post my helpful advice to him.

I hope he's finished reading them all because I have to now go hit the kill button and see if it works.

I must say it is heartwarming to see a young man so passionate about learning to trade.

#33     Oct 5, 2002
  4. I have to wonder at this point if Jason is even bothering with this thread. But if so, I agree that you should spend nothing until you have been to the library and the many sites on the net that offer free education.

There is no one way to do it right. There are as many ways as you can think of. Some guys swear by price and volume. Some use momentum or rate of change. Trend-following is about as simple as it gets but has its nuances as well.

Good luck Jason.

#34     Oct 6, 2002
  5. Huh? Not sure what you were referring to there...

#35     Oct 6, 2002
  6. jasonchr

jasonchr

Yes, I am still here and following the thread. I have been with other message boards (not on investing) that were a lot worse than this - In other words, my standards aren't too high :D

I would definitely recommend using the library. My college lets us have a membership with http://www.netlibrary.com and I have been able to find some good books on there. If anyone else has this service available, you should check it out. I am currently reading a book they had called Trader Vic.

Again, thanks to everyone for their help and I will come back and post and let everyone know how things turn out.

Jason C. Mauney

#36     Oct 6, 2002