Short Term Trading.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Grob109, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a completed sheet for Monday evening.

A working person has two buys OVTI, and APPX. You see from the sort why these go first.

Thee are four potential buys: ECLG, DGIN, ATRS, NFLX. Those who monitor on the 30 charts will see volume BO before 11:30am tomorrow. Those who work will review in the evening and probably buy on Wednesday.

I put three held stocks at bottom

LEND will peak tomorrow for a three day hold. It is not on PnL as yet. A working person would give broker instructions to seel when price peaks. The broker is trained by the client. It doesnot take long to train them. My team is available 24/7 and I never consult them but they follow my instructions to buy in blocks etc.
    FWHT and SSYS are in portfolio as HOLDS. Their trends need to be graphically managed.

The attached sheet is done daily in the evening usually but if a person is monitoring it can be completed easily. 30 min and EOD charts work best.

#11     Oct 14, 2003
  2. You really hit the nail on the head.

Break throughs represent a person succesfuly enduring the risk of trying to use new, then provisional pictures. Gradually, reinforcement through experience allows the person to be safer and "at home" with the provisional picture that can and do replace his "survival" modus.

In ET you can read months and months of journals and threads where a person is absolutely not going to replace his familiar safe places with anything logical rational and an improvement upon his habitual safe places.

The myth that discipline in the use of mediocre things is the best guard against blowing out, is really a rationalization for striving to prevent oneself from seeking a "safe harbor" when difficulties are encountered and continue to build. The safe harbor turns out to be, very unfortunately, the NLP failure pictures that are burned deeply and almost subconciously into a person. Being safe is achieved by reverting back to places where survival skirting among islands of failure skillfully prolongs an artificial kind of "hope".

The "rock bottom" symptoms sometimes allow a person to grasp considering provisional pictures. Taking a break allows a peson to leave raw feelings lay behind him unseen. Commonly denial and suppression is perfected; this "fogging" effort sometimes shatters though. I think the pervasive anger people have represents the last stages of "fighting" before fleeing. It is difficult to watch. I had a personal experience of watching "a fighter" the last few days; because I control others, I finally said enough. Largely because it was disruptive to a group of people really getting the job done.

The fight before fleeing does not lead to "rock bottom' or glipsing provisional pictures. For others who don't sacrifice themselves, you keenly note the extent of the effort required. Besides enduring risk, there is an energy cost at a time when, for sure, there is little light at the end of the tunnel. Realizing breakthroughs after work and reinforcement is the very profound thing that makes more and more success possible. NLP picturesare constantly being built; they are either destructive or enboulding. They do not go away. It is so difficult to understand why a person would continue to sacrifice himself if he reasonably be building; he always has the choice to grow and build.

#12     Oct 14, 2003
  3. Moz

Moz

If you view the above attached Daily RR sheet MPT347, and match the values given for DU, FRV, and Peak to the respective charts,EOD, you will get a very good idea of how the volume levels are determined. This was probably the cornerstone event for me getting with the program.

#13     Oct 14, 2003
  4. If you use the blank sheet which has the stocks on it and their DU, FRV and peaking, You can jot in comments that parallel the ones I put on the Monday evening sheet.

you can see the buys were good one's and the pot buys (potential buys) came along well. It does not matter if the general markets are up or down very must. Quality stocks are sort of in a group by themselves. They go from lower left to upper right on charts. I gave MR market a stock (HOV) in place of a buy he liked and kept for quite a while. HOV was doing 400% a quarter. Naturally, trading it's up portions and waiting through it's traverses before bolting up again makes money at a faster rate than 400% a quarter.

We held LEND becuse it continued to make money.

If you read this thread, look at post people make to see their transitional experiences. They say things that are provisional beliefs. The thingss they say are reinforced over and over as days go by. Experientially. At some point people allow these provisional things to feel safe. At that point these things get compared to other stuff and the person sometimes adopts them.

Adoption is fun and it doesn't come from reading and highlighting. It comes from usage and being successful in using it.

The neat thing is that most of these things apply to a lot of different kinds of trading. Almost none of the things these people say are harmful to anyone or to themselves.

Transference comes from this series of steps. A lot of things can be taken away from people. The NLP picutres that you create cannot be taken away. It is extremely important to not be repeating mistakes, either knowingly or unknowingly. One of the aids here in this thread are comments by people who are doing what they talk about. Facts are fun. My charts and sheets and pnts of trading accounts really can't match the pictures successful people give you here.

Over time you will see how pro active and creating pictures far surpass other stuff. There is no way that good solid NLP pictures you see day after day will do anything but improve how you handle your belief system. just like having godmeals, exercise and sleeping are inportant to your life, so is cultivating beliefs that you choose to combine with the foundation you are building.

I appreciate all the efforts people are making here to post; it is very helpful to others.

#14     Oct 15, 2003
  5. Moz

Moz

WE use the attached file to get our ranking of stocks in the three lists of ten. Set up charts to visually assess for 5 20% cycles in 6 months, plug the cycle info into the sheet. 20% is twice the scale value and move the decimal point. If your short on time use Max's script, works very well.

I have a question maybe someone will help me with. My fills at the open leave quite a bit to be desired, due to my limited experience of actual trading I don't know if this is normal or not.

Bot APPX this morning at the open, I got filled at 28.80, WOW?
    I understand there's probably alot of orders first thing in the morning, but with fills like that I need to have everything go perfect. APPX closed previously at 28.08

#15     Oct 15, 2003
  6. Jack/Grob, you're winnig, no doubt about it! :)

Keep up your excellent work/ contributions! :p

PS: Concise, please!!! :D

#16     Oct 15, 2003
  7. just subscribing, not posting:)

#17     Oct 15, 2003
  8. Please critique this chart. It is on the list provided by nwbprop... thanks nwb".

Thanks folks.

#18     Oct 15, 2003
  9. Jack,

You let us stand in the cold with your "realtime" demo. Your story about the placard fellows didn't really get a clean finish either. I hope you find burrowing in easier in this place.

nononsense

#19     Oct 15, 2003
  10. There are three reports on trading levels for futures. The beginner level is attached.

#20     Oct 18, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.