Short-term trading with Oscar

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cgtrader, Jan 18, 2007.

1. gfmchina

gfmchina

LOL, the negativity is hilarious. If you want to see if he is legit, take the time to go through all the videos, or search the archive for the calls/updates. Then walk through the trades with your charts for the appropriate days.

I was very sceptical, but the proof is there (at least for the past 4/5 months). The guy is good.

#41     Apr 19, 2007
  2. Why pick on Oscar? His calls are free. If people want to follow him maybe they'll learn something.

He's 100% better than most of the loser tout sheets out there that have their talking heads on Fox and CNBC. At least he uses stops.

EMOTIONS R OUT!
    STOPS R IN!

LOL

#42     Apr 19, 2007

3. Nope, this thread is not about trading, it's about sleazy shills. Do try and keep up.

#43     Apr 20, 2007
  4. volente_00

volente_00

Not to bad for free.

Daily OMNI: 04/20/07

Oscar at Futurestraders.com has sent 2 Daily OMNI(s)
    TRADE DATE: 04/20/07 OMNI INDICATORS and FLASH UPDATES
    2nd FLASH UPDATE
    S&P 500 & EMINI 07:46:53 AM:
    I have opted to take profit from long at 1479.75, right here at market.
    Last tick - 1487.25

I am willing to take this OMNI trade again today if given the opportunity

1st FLASH UPDATE
    S&P 500 & EMINI 12:29:33 AM EDT:
    We are now long ESM7 @ 1479.75
    Last tick = 1480.00

Keep your sell stops in place and your emotions in check.

We will keep you informed

============================================================
    S&P 500 & EMINI (ESM7) June 07

OMNI SUPPORT = 1479.50-1478.50

OMNI TURNS NEUTRAL IF BELOW 1470.50

OMNI PROFIT OBJECTIVE = 1496.00

OR BE OUT BY THE CLOSE

NOTE: SOME RESISTANCE WILL LIKELY BE ENCOUNTERED  AT THE 1487.00/1488.00 LEVEL
    NASDAQ EMINI (ENM7) June 07

#44     Apr 20, 2007
  5. AnonBT

AnonBT

I can't claim to have done the months of research, but just looking at the last two days, I question whether you could have gotten in to some of the positions that he claimed.

#45     Apr 20, 2007
    #46     Apr 20, 2007

7. Posted by no-won at the "Den".............

"WE ARE HOURS AWAY FROM THE TRADING PLATFORM RELEASE"

"WE"................Who's this "we", no-won???? Didn't you boldly state that you are not affiliated with oscar in another forum??? Why, I believe you did, indeed !!!! Busted.

LMAO!!!!

#47     Apr 20, 2007
  8. actually, he told me he was not Oscar. I asked because he kept making Oscar threads. he may not be Oscar but should have mentioned any affiliation.
    are you guys actually trading someone else's calls without knowing the details of how they are derived?

#48     Apr 20, 2007
  9. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

I've been a member on the OMNI site for a little while now & can report the following, which is strictly an opinion of mine:

1. Oscar is a good dude;
    2. Oscar has sufficient experiences trading & perhaps even better analytical skills;
    3. His stops are wider than most ET based (lol) scalpers use;
    4. What is OMNI - it's a market directional tool;
    5. Win rate based solely on OMNI (not his trades) - positive, not certain but I would expect it to be around 80%+;
    6. Is he a great trader? No idea. And THAT is important. I think he is a better analyst than a trader, otherwise he would already have a substantial base of clients using his 'all-in' brokerage services & no need for Youtube based advertising;
    7. Will his service remain free for eternity? It might, if he generates sufficient amount of 'all-in' clients. On the other hand anything that's free has tendencies to become chargeable after a while;
    8. Who does he cater for? I would say mostly people that have no idea about trading or the ones that are no good at it;
    9. What's his wife like? No idea :) I am sure Mrs Carboni is a nice person to put up with Mr Carboni's theatrical skills;
    10. Can I make money using just the OMNI? I would say yes, if you kept following OMNI directional calls & were to buy/sell near those areas;
    11. Do I need a big wallet to trade his way? You do anyway, with him you need around $10k per contract IF you start on a couple of bad/so-so calls as nothing is certain in this game, perhaps only probability;
    12. What did he buy for $50k to start a Youtube business? a Toshiba laptop, a digicam, lunch tokens for Obi_Won to direct the videos & shout ever so unconvincingly "Stop R In, Emotions R Out", a white board, some markers & arrows...oh yeah, a fur coat for Mrs Carboni to allow this to happen;
    13 Should I use Oscar as a broker? Up to you entirely.
    14. Will I ever be a Jedi? Ask Obi_Won.
    15. Who is Obi_Won, is he actually Oscar? Hm, I don't think so, I reckon he is the dude that operates the camera;
    16 Why is he doing it for free? Well, something that looks free is not necessarily free considering the scope of potential clients that free publicity might generate. When you give your money to any other broker, they don't do what Oscar does to get your business;
    17. Why after 25 years of trading he has to do all this? That I don't know, there was something said about him being unable to pay for a seat at Nymex & problems with paying a mortgage...Tough one to know for sure what's the deal here.

Conclusion: Overall Oscar is good guy, most of us are. What he does is free at the moment, but my opinion is that won't remain so. He already hinted at the idea of doing a paid webinar & I would say those that have been using his up to now free service would morally be obliged to pay, I would if I was one of them. Since OMNI is a proprietary tool I have no interest in it, because I would never ever find out how he comes with his market calls. I would remain a muppet & would only learn how to stick to Oscar's guns & how to place Oscar's stops & how to use Oscar's etc. On the other hand if I had no knowledge of trading & had no real desire to know, Oscar would be the first person to turn to, or should I say Oscar's OMNI. I'll explain why. I would just buy the area where OMNI says buy & sell the area where OMNI says sell. I would not necessarily give my money to Mr Carboni to trade. Why? Because I would have questions as to why he is doing what he is doing after 25 years of being in the business. What if he can't handle pressure when real potentially big money at stake? We all know that psychology changes when we trade money compared to paper. What if he can't handle this part, which is a pretty major one considering.

Anyway, I do wish Oscar & the Jedi all the best, no reason to wish them anything bad. Good luck fellas!

#49     Apr 21, 2007
  10. no-one, in a bent over drunken Koolaid stupor perched upon heels and hose, pulled aside his lace thong and belched out the following spam.............

Your having already been exposed for the lying charlatan you keep showing yourself to be, notwithstanding, let's not overlook the fact he wasn't able to make his house payments with his "grand calls." If he isn't able to support himself trading his calls, perhaps this is why he is setting up a ruse to sell them?

If you are going to pedal your snake oil to the unsuspecting, at least have the decently to sponsor this site for the privilege. But then again, it's been established that you and your ilk lack any morals, not to mention you probably can't afford to do so. Which brings us to the following: How did oscar claim to have entered a long trade at 1498.50 a few days ago when the lowest print at that time was 1498.75? And you thought we wouldn't notice. :D Or perhaps you wish to blame it on a typo...........AGAIN???? Ooops!!!! :D

Run along, little-one. Your master has a fresh pitcher of koolaid for you to suckle from his arse. Bottoms up!!!

st

#50     Apr 30, 2007