Short-term trading with Oscar

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cgtrader, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Absolutley, he's great entertainment value. I've only seen the past two weeks or so videos. At quick glance, it appears he only seems to be correct on direction 70-75% of the time and his targets are rarely on the money. Continually having to adjust his targets after the fact hardly places him in guru status. But he does give great advice to anyone who may not have ever traded before. Nonetheless, anyone placing money on the table had already better know the things he is saying. Nothing new there.

He claims that he wants to move to Vegas and do consulting. I take that to mean a fee based service of some sort. I wish him no ill will as well, and hope he finds whatever it is he is after. However, if he is behind the cheerleading facade, then he loses all credibility and is nothing more than another in a long line of sleezy snake oil salesmen.

I agree. The website is a POS.

#31     Apr 18, 2007
  2. andread

andread

And yet these spam threads are not stopped

#32     Apr 18, 2007
  3. I think the youtube angle is interesting. Looks like he is already in business; another way to skin a cat so to speak. So far so free, better than some of the other retards on this site posing as master traders. :p

#33     Apr 18, 2007
  4. You left out the part of the article that said he earned a living for 24 years trading. If that is correct he must of been doing something right to have lasted that long.

#34     Apr 18, 2007
  5. I don't know guys, his calls are pretty much accurate. Who cares how he arrives at them. Most of his entries are approximated around a given pivot anyway, so, it's not hard to figure out how he determines a direction. Listen, if your a 1 or 2 lot piker with a measly 4pt stop you can't trade with him. Only a real loser would take every trade he recommends simply because he recommended it. You can't sniff this guys A$$ trying to figure how and why he does what he does. You must have your own plan. If your always trying to buy the low, or sell the high everyday, your going to lose anyway. Identify the general area and when the market will move and you will make money. skepticism is good but, if your looking for an exact science your in the wrong business. As far as Oscar charging people, well, he only has a few hundred subscribers so his following isn't nearly as big as Cramer's. A few bad calls in a week with a high subscription fee would pretty much end his endeavor. He would need quite a few subscribers before I'd worry about him charging people. It's not a large enough advertising base in my opinion. But, only time will tell. So far it seems legit

#35     Apr 18, 2007
  6. volente_00

volente_00

I like him. His stops are pretty wide and that will work as long as we stay in this uptrend but if we get back to chop I don't think his calls will be as accurate. If you go back, many of his calls were within .5 to 1 point of the exact low or high for the day.

#36     Apr 18, 2007

7. 24 years on the floor, and he didn't have enough money to even weather out his first year? If he's as good as many want to believe, he would be wealthy, not "earning a living."

If memory serves me correct, I recall reading somewhere that the success rate of floor traders making the transition to electronic trading is less than 10%. If that's true, then it would appear that the year after his leaving the pits would be the time frame of his financial difficulties. He's not the first to fail and then try and sell his knowledge. Time will tell if this is the case or not.

As previously stated, my reply was more in tune with the pom-pom queens that continuously shill his wares on various sites and the Koolaid drinkers who come to their rescue when exposed.

#37     Apr 19, 2007
  8. volente_00

volente_00

&P 500 & EMINI (ESM7) June 07

OMNI RESISTANCE = 1480.00-1481.00

OMNI TURNS NEUTRAL IF ABOVE 1487.00

OMNI PROFIT OBJECTIVE = 1462.00-1460.00

OR BE OUT BY THE CLOSE

looks like his short call at 1479.50 played out just fine,

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=CME_ES.M07.E&v=i

#38     Apr 19, 2007

9. Not bad indeed considering he called for a down day today, yet we climbed steadily into the close from early morning hours and never even came close to the 1460 target. But, then again, even a blind squirrel will find the occasional nut now and then. Let's see how he does when the chop arrives.

Which reminds me, why weren't you waving your pom-poms yesterday??? Was your tutu at the cleaners??? Or were you just cowering under your desk because he called for a down day yesterday as well, only to have new upside records put in. My, my. Two misses in as many days.

He seems to be a likable guy, and he is entertaining, but the jury is out on his true intentions. Meanwhile, you don't need to keep pissing on our leg and then try to convince us it's raining. The shilling only makes him look more like the snake oil salesman I suspect that's coming. Nonetheless, keep drinking the Koolaid, weenieone. At the least, you could have brought popcorn for us during your performance! :D :D :D :D

#39     Apr 19, 2007
  10. WOW! Some of you guys are amazing..LOL The call was accurate from his initial entry. And, he advised others to exit at the open, or, hold on if they chose. Personally, I bought against his call from the open. But, I'm not bashing him or trying to out think the guy. Do you have your own service which YOU are trying to sell and maybe Oscar is taking your business. Or, maybe your a frustrated trader who thinks there's a "Big secret" out there that only 5% of traders know about.

The guy is better than any so-called guru on this site that's for sure. He doesn't complicate things by using some pseudo intelligence to perpetuate his own self importance. If you know how to trade, you don't need to know how he makes his calls. Because, you'll know whatever he does it's right based on what you do.

#40     Apr 19, 2007