Short-term trading with Oscar

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cgtrader, Jan 18, 2007.

1. I have been folowing Oscar from the beginning.
    He is calling the market direction correctly at least 70-75% of the time. That's excellent and he's giving a wonderful free service.
    But here's a few things that piss me off:
    1: He frequently misses the entry price target, so the great directional call was wasted.
    2: He brags at the end of the week about what a great week it
    was, even when he misses half of the entry price targets.

My recomendation to Oscar, "work on the entry price targets!"

#21     Apr 3, 2007
  2. romik

romik

His results are based on the OMNI which simply looks at the next day's price volatility, not actual trades. I agree with you that IF he was to provide results of actual trades taken, then the overall result is not going to be as green as with the OMNI.

#22     Apr 4, 2007
  3. #23     Apr 13, 2007
  4. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

"Mr. Carboni has invested $50,000 in equipment, including a Toshiba laptop and five wall clocks displaying the time in London, Tokyo and other market centers"

LOL

#24     Apr 18, 2007
  5. To all you Koolaid drinkers....................

"The move comes a year after Carboni failed to make enough money from trading to pay for his seat on the exchange, began missing mortgage payments and racking up thousands of dollars in credit-card debt."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01162007/business/hot_commodity_business_zachery_kouwe.htm

I believe that about sums it up. Those who can, do.............those who can't, sell their snake oil.................

Enough said.

s

#25     Apr 18, 2007
  6. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

I just think it's funny that they made a comment on $50k expenditure, shit what DID he buy? And what about 22 hours being awake, doing what? Could be just newspaper garbage, they do like to exaggerate.

Not going to knock him though, he is providing some valuable info for people totally new to the game.

#26     Apr 18, 2007

7. Dont drink this kool aid also: Scam Alert

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92250&perpage=6&highlight=jay&pagenumber=1

#27     Apr 18, 2007

8. I'm just pointing out to the shills who are humping his leg like a love struck puppy that their time would no doubt be better spent learning how to trade on their own rather than blindly relying on someone else who supposedly can't even do for himself. Long term, if his motive is to just sell his calls for a fee and not reveal how he arrives at them, and I believe it is, he is doing more harm to newbies than good. Fact is, how does anyone know that the calls are actually his work, and not someone else's in disguise. He wouldn't be the first 'guru' to pawn that dog and pony show.

No doubt about it, he is an excellent salesman. Given the shiny lure he has dropped in the water, he'll have the unsuspecting lemmings flocking to fill his pockets soon enough. Mission accomplished? Time will tell.

That being said, it's the pompom waving morons dressed in heels and hose racing from forum to forum screaming " have you seen oscar's calls, he's REALLY good!" that sparked my reply.

s

#28     Apr 18, 2007
  9. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Could be right. I was mainly referring to the "Stops are in, Emotions are out", great slogan. Cracks me up every time I hear him say it & that dude in the background joining in LOL. Did you see his earlier movies? He was well shy there, totally different to a current pumped up drumboxtrader. And what about getting a website designer flown in from Chicago, PPPP_LEEEEASE, that site is shite, total lack of taste. Anyway, I think the whole purpose of the exercise is to be noticed by CNBC type network. What the hell, good luck to him.

#29     Apr 18, 2007
  10. Gotta say - I like watching his vids. LOL.

And agree the - stops in emotions out - advice is worth way more than the price of admission. If newbies get just that they'll be 100% better off.

Most floor traders seem to have/had simple trading systems so his prop indicator is probably pretty easy to figure out if someone is so inclined. He does give some technical tips along the way. Well worth 10 mins. on youtube. Of course if he starts charging it's a different story.

#30     Apr 18, 2007