Short-term trading with Oscar

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cgtrader, Jan 18, 2007.

1. It must be tough trying to evolve. Keep on trying dinosaur :D

Like I said, if you wish to challenge his statements then do so with facts. Otherwise, you deserve all the crap you are going to cop here on ET.

We have far too many "Gurus" here who once challenged become rather upset.

Enjoy...

#11     Mar 14, 2007
  2. Going to crack the 1000.

But you are already sounding like a broken record :p

PS. I don't see any facts to support your rebuttal of wareco's view.

#12     Mar 14, 2007
  3. First of all Obi None, I'm not a subscriber to his site. As far as I know anyone can peruse the site for free. So, there is no way for him to boot from the site. Not that it would be a great loss, since there isn't really much there.

Secondly, are you that niave? You think he is doing this out of the goodness of his heart? Hell no. Assuming he can make better calls than he made today(3/13/07) A 7 point loser, he will make his site a paid site. No longer will you get his shit for free on youtube. You think he is going to continue doing that forever? Wake up.

I had no problem with the guy until he tried to take credit for a trade I say never occured. If he can consistently make profitable calls, then I say hooray. Just don't try and bullshit me with bogus trades just to try and look good.

#13     Mar 14, 2007
  4. I also think Wareco's finding is credible. Although I won't go so far as to call Oscar a poser.

And to the "gimme gimme good lovin" newbie... you will be better served figuring out for yourself WHY Oscar makes the calls he does (we already know why he's making the calls), instead of blindly placing your trades and trust in nothing more than a "hopeful" and possibly short lived black box.

#14     Mar 14, 2007
  5. BenChi

BenChi

what the heck is OMNI?

#15     Mar 14, 2007
  6. Its the Magical Mystery Bullshit Scam Factor. Rollup, rollup, come right this way. Omni's for everyone...

Can you see the sales pitch coming... Free? Nothing is free, not even lunch! :D

#16     Mar 15, 2007
  7. August

August

That's a reall good observation and I'm glad you pointed it out.

One thing that I want to mention though is that Oscar adamantly says that his directional calls are not a system, they're meant to be use in conjunction with whatever system you use. I have a feeling he's making a lot of trades he doesn't share on youtube or in flash updates - and while trying to keep those flash updates whle trading must be hard. I could imagine sending out something with the wrong number in it.

That said... do you want the guy your taking calls from to be sending anything out with any information that isn't quite right.

I also think you're right that eventually there will be a fee. There always is eventually. Gembot which is very popular on ET eventually turned to having a fee as well. I think it's inevitable.

But I think the cynacism is healthy. I'd be really interested if people find more discrepancies. If it is just one it seems like a simple one time mistake. Three makes me think numbers are being manipulated.

I'm leaning on his side simply because a few people I know are using his directional indications with great success.

#17     Mar 15, 2007
  8. romik

romik

I have nothing bad to say about Oscar Carboni, he could have lied about the trade that Wareco has mentioned, but overall, as a technical analyst he is pretty solid, I have been watching his videos since day 1 pretty much, I do not trade his calls, but do favour the odds when my analyses match his. I am certain he is helping himself & others & how can you fault a guy that does it all for no financial reward. One word of advice to novice traders would be to actually learn for themselves how to trade & not rely on Oscar, as nothing lasts forever :)

#18     Apr 3, 2007
  9. I second that. I don't follow Oscar's specific calls but he's trying to do some good out there, especially for new traders. I actually want to see him profit from his venture and if he's holding technical analysis or history of the market seminar, I'd gladly support his cause with some dough. It'd be worth a lot more for my trading than the money I wasted on the CFA program.

#19     Apr 3, 2007
  10. He certainly made a great call for today. I too have just started listening to him and use his calls for confirmation of my calls.

#20     Apr 3, 2007