Short Term Trading w/ Gaps

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Brandonf, May 28, 2005.

1. Threei

Threei

I see video format as an educational tool is catching up :)

Let me throw one more. Brandon, forgive me for stealing a little of your thunder - not all of it, mind you, since you speak with no accent :D

This is a descriptrion of a swing trade done on NQ, day by day, thinking process and action; prepare your popcorn since it's 50 minutes long (partially because the trade took over a week and partially because I tend to think on the go when narrate, so there are plenty of annoying ummms)

http://www.realitytrader.com/video/nqswing/

#11     May 29, 2005
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I did not realize you were serious froggy sorry. In any case, much of wall street is an insiders game played by people who are plugged in. As far as market maker games go, I am sure they play some - but it's not really an excuse to not make money. Neither is the fact that it can be an insiders game. You have to adapt and move forward with your trading. Good luck.

Brandon

#12     May 29, 2005
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Excellent video showing the thought process of a trader. I also saw some of the video's on your site where you are going over your trades in real time as you took them. I'm not aware of anyone else who has ever done this, congradulations.

Brandon

#13     May 29, 2005
  4. Threei

Threei

Thank you... yeah real time narration is reserved for scalp trades, couldn't do it with swing one :)

I intend to do real time day trades videos as well, to bundle them up with The Master Profit Plan same way as I did with scalping course. We pioneered video format for education in 2001, not sure why it took me so long to start doing real time narrations vs post-trade... I am just slow I guess :D

#14     May 29, 2005
  5. great video...def interesting concept for swing trading

#15     May 29, 2005
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

People have asked for some current stocks that might meet the criteria for the video I put (http://www.brandonfredrickson.com/gaps.html) up last night.

Here are a couple. BBY, LPNT, ESL, TALX, HD, CTCO.

Brandon

#16     May 29, 2005
  7. Brandon -

Your videos are great. A very nice "technofundamentalist" approach to the market.

Your midwestern accent reminds me of home.

Cheers

#17     May 30, 2005
  8. aqtrader

aqtrader

Agree.

I day trade many stocks. Gaps are great opportunities but also high risk. Here are a list stocks statisfying my definition of good gaps during last 20 trading days.
    1. gap = low - previous_high;
    2. gap is at least half of the 20 day's moving average of trading range.
    3. close is higher than open.
    4. 50 day average vol is at least 10K.
    5. vol/price movement good.
    6. trend good.
    Runnig screening with the above criteria, here are the list of 104 symbols from 41 industries.

AAI ABLE ADBL AOC AQNT ARTC ASF AVT BBA BEAS BEBE BGC BKST BLI BOOM BWS CEN CHS CKCM CMGI CNF CREE CRI CRM CRXA CTV CUNO DE DELL DF DHI DIGE DPZ DT ENTU ESL ESMC EXM FLO FS GCO GWR GYMB HPQ IIT INT IPMT IVII JBX JMDT JWN KND LNC MDC MFE MIK MOT MSA MUSE MW MYG NVDA OVNT PETM PIXR PLAB PLMD PNRA POSS PSRC PTRY PWAV PWER PZZA RT RYL RYN SMRT SNY SPLS SPW STEM STTS SWN SYKE TECD TEU TLB TLK TOL TS TTN UAG UN UNTD VAR VC VRTX WES WFMI WHR WIND WMS ZLC

How do you think of these stocks? Sorry. Maybe too many for most people to get the point.

I bought DELL at open on the gap day. A nice running up.

aqtrader

#18     May 30, 2005
  9. tito

tito

Brandon,

Do you hedge yourself when you hold stocks overnight?
    Thanks and great job on the video.

#19     May 30, 2005
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

No. Its a waste of money. Larry Connors has a great study that is available on tradingmarkets this weekend in his weekly article on holding overnight. I would recommend it highly.

Brandon

#20     May 30, 2005