Short-term bottom

Discussion in 'Trading' started by humbletrader2016, Dec 18, 2018.

1. I believe we are @ short-term bottom TODAY. ES is currently trading @2576.00. It's time to BTFD for the next several days.

tommcginnis likes this.
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I want to agree (and I DO agree), but I do not have the testicular conviction. :wtf: The last time I looked, a 15 p/e (ttm) would put the S&P at 2350, and we're still 10%-15% over that. :confused:

The global economy plateaus.... the U.S. is chugging happily along. The FED continues to shed paper (a *real* impact), and to raise its rates a sniff at a time (a real, slow, impact)..... As optimistic as I am about the economy, the effects of QE Denouement color things in ways that might themselves take a decade to work out -- in which case, we're only 5 years into it.

I hate to be a fence sitter, but even with a leg on each side :wtf:, it seems the safest place.

[["Huh!" Just got this, from Seeking-α]]
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/4228947-markets-forward-p-e

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    humbletrader2016 likes this.
  3. Above message is meant for daytrading only, not for mid-term to long term outlook.
    There could be another down leg to test its previous low, but holding short here is too risky for any swing/short-term traders.

tommcginnis likes this.
  4. momoNY

momoNY

We are probably close to a short term bottom, but today's action has nothing of a bottom IMHO.

5. It's for short-term outlook, which is too early to jump into any conclusion right now.

In the meantime, I agree with you that intraday market turned ugly after 1:30pm. That said, there were two perfect scalping setups triggered which I didn't hesitate to jump in, as shown in attached screenshot.

Untitled.png

tommcginnis likes this.
  6. momoNY

momoNY

My bad, short term for me is anything from a week to few months.

tommcginnis likes this.
  7. What a happy morning to those BTFD scalpers or day traders today
    ET.png

tommcginnis likes this.
  8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

UGH! A rising market with all them long-ass tails on top??? Wicks like that scream Market BiPolar Syndrome. And the volume will go to shit by Euro-close...

9. It's very likely that ES will retest ~2565 soon (currently trading at 2572 at the time of writing) before another leg up (probably).

10. Those long-ass tails on top are meant to freak out small traders who tag along with big boys:D

#10     Dec 19, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.