Short Squeeze and irrational market continues

Discussion in 'Trading' started by buttermarket, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

The overall US indexes aren't even remotely in a bubble at this point. However, there are individual stocks and partial sectors that have been. Canadian pot stocks last year were in a bubble. Certain IPOs and IT stocks are at unsustainable levels. However, the giants in IT aren't, they are making a lot of money and all they will do is sustained price growth ( if their earnings meet expectations ) or correct at some point when the masses take profits.

The way I look at the bull, is that old levels of resistance ( or declared tops on here ) often become long term support and the longer we remain above them the more legit they are. For example, the 1900 level seemed really strong in early 2016. More recently, the 2300-2400 area ( roughly ) looked like major support. If we go much higher, that 2900 area might be really strong support on any weakness. Some months ago, I noted what looked like a double bottom around roughly 2830. Activity since seems to have confirmed that observation.

The reason this is important is it helps delimit risk on a diversified long holding and it also illustrates a really good buying point if we do tank and the level holds well. As with any opinion however, we have to all be aware of major catalysts that change things. I see the US election as a major risk that can disrupt markets in either direction but more likely down if we have a strong year.

Without a major negative catalyst, like a confirmed US recession or several rate hikes, there is no real reason for markets to tank like some on here are convinced is a certainty. And their definition of the risks is killing their income potential now. No correction is going to upset me or my plan. The 2018 correction eventually made me a lot of money. Correct play right now is fully long ride the wave until such point as something fundamental changes.

#51     Feb 11, 2020
    _eug_ and noddyboy like this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

They are, because I am long in a couple of micros. I have that power.

#52     Feb 11, 2020
    vanzandt and murray t turtle like this.
  3. joederp

joederp

Signal-to-noise ratio is unparalleled with you. Warren Buffett, step aside, Douche888 comin through.

#53     Feb 11, 2020
  4. comagnum

comagnum

Interesting video on the likely outcome of what happens when the bubbles deflates - we have the largest debt bubble in human history, should be fun.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    #54     Feb 11, 2020
  5. %%
    I saw a''HORRIBLE/polar bear'' chart on that=WSJ/WallStreeT Journal, Comagnum.
    REAL polar bear looking =NJ, ILL, the usual suspects. Most all the other states look fine.[Main prob;ems= too many gov collectors + too low a yield , not enough capital gains,+ most likely too many bonds............................................................................................] NOT a prediction:caution::caution:,:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

#55     Feb 12, 2020
    comagnum likes this.
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Huge buying opportunity. Futures down over 100, biggest buying opportunity since 2007-2008 crisis. Who's in?

#56     Feb 13, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Wow. Very interesting....why do only a few people comprehend what's really going on behind the scenes....amazing video. Especially when he says that apple amazon Microsoft google being larger than the stock market of germany!!!!!

Talks about apple tacking on $350 billion in market cap in only 2 months..I have been talking about this for months now, valuations are ludacris.

#57     Feb 13, 2020
    comagnum likes this.
  8. %%
    Exactly;
    some took profits + back in again. It's a bull market,[SPY,QQQ......] you know. I assume you know that ?? Many don't.[ DAL+ UAL sector are weak again, but they tend to do that for decades.]For those that like low PE stuff, LOL= DOW/DIA tend to be low PE + underperform , but value investors may like that................................................................................

#58     Feb 13, 2020
  9. Elon Musk is gen X and he is a billionaire with no pension

#59     Feb 14, 2020
  10. joederp

joederp

Never mind the virus headlines, guys, this is 110% a “buy with both hands” opp. Who’s in? Dozu? S2007S? Better be taking out a home equity loan and selling your kids’ blood to buy this dip!

#60     Feb 21, 2020