Short Squeeze and irrational market continues

Discussion in 'Trading' started by buttermarket, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

This forum has been full of people preaching a lot of bs especially back in 2009-2013. Part of the reason is many short term traders often don't know shit about WHY stock markets move or how an economy works. You are free to believe in whatever you believe in. I am good at forecasting long term trends. Part of being successful in that is ignoring the bs. A lot of otherwise intelligent people lose significant long term gains because they listen to noise.

It's a free world people can do with their money what they want to.

#41     Feb 11, 2020
  2. noddyboy

noddyboy

What is the long term trend now?

#42     Feb 11, 2020
  3. zdave83

zdave83

Are you sure ? I know a lot of people with IRA's and 401K's full of index funds and long equity ETF's. Trust me ... they care.

#43     Feb 11, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. noddyboy

noddyboy

You make a good point regarding 2009 or even 2011. People who called bubble then were wrong. And probably never become "right" even if it does head south from here.

#44     Feb 11, 2020
  5. %%
    I should have clearly labeled QQQ, SPY...……= ''it's a bull market you know'' LOL. Most chart readers will have already figured that out. LOL...………………………………………………………………………………………………...

#45     Feb 11, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  6. S2007S

S2007S

#46     Feb 11, 2020
  7. %%
    Anybody with common sense;
    would lighten up on a huge position in a single stock. Bill Gates has done that with MSFT for many, many years. It is fun to look @ the multiple prices he got.[ I used WSJ/Wall Street Journal news paper] Bill Gates also proved you or any cant predict; so just like elephant funds scale out, he did also . '' Its a bull market you know'':thumbsup::thumbsup:,:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

#47     Feb 11, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  8. notagain

notagain

NQ won't stop - Powell, MSFT, AAPL, AMZN and GOOG
    Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 10.49.42 AM.png

#48     Feb 11, 2020
  9. S2007S

S2007S

That's all it is...they jam the same stocks up and like magic they carry the nasdaq up day in and day out. All you need is those handful of stocks to push markets higher

#49     Feb 11, 2020
  10. Specterx

Specterx

These days it's more like "steps down, elevator up"!

#50     Feb 11, 2020