Short Squeeze and irrational market continues

Discussion in 'Trading' started by buttermarket, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Through everything you've seen in the past out the window. The US Central Bank is running the show. Never in US market history has the central bank added this much liquidity after 10 years of economic expansion.

We are in uncharted waters.

#11     Feb 10, 2020
  2. kashirin

kashirin

Nasdaq up 64% in the last 13 months
    and up another 0.2 % in the last 2 hours

#12     Feb 10, 2020
  3. dozu888

dozu888

in hind sight everyone saying don't fight the fed.

but why did it not move like this when Obama had zero rates.

don't get stuck in low resolution thinking.

read my 'trading is easy' thread.

accumulation mark up distribution mark down... where are we right now?

think deeper.... use the brain for a bit.

#13     Feb 10, 2020
    smallfil likes this.
  4. schizo

schizo

Bubble

#14     Feb 10, 2020
  5. dozu888

dozu888

you aint reading shit

#15     Feb 10, 2020
  6. dozu888

dozu888

i begged everyone to take free virgins, not 1 guy stepped up.

this is bubble?

that's why i beg people... stop comparing to 1999....

apparently you didn't even live thru it as a trader... that's why people have no idea.

#16     Feb 10, 2020
  7. S2007S

S2007S

No one wants to admit that the amount of market capitalization some of these companies are adding everyday is becoming abnormal and insane. Microsoft added $36,000,000,000 in market cap just today. For those of you who cant place large numbers that's $36 billion in market capitalization. Let that sink in for a moment. Even if I use an extremely conservative number, by the end of 2020 Microsoft would add fuĂ—king $2 trillion in market capitalization to its already 1 trillion+ market cap it already carries. There is just no way possible this can continue, the valuation would become so rich that eventually law of large numbers would take over. How can Microsoft possibly be worth $3 or $4 or even $5 trillion dollars??? Where does a company become fully valued because I just can't see Microsoft and most of these trillion dollar companies adding over $150 billion in market cap a month. Based on what? And this is not a short squeeze, can we please stop saying that this is a short squeeze, its not. Its the fed and nothing else....

#17     Feb 10, 2020
  8. S2007S

S2007S

You'll realize the bubble after the fact. That's how it always plays out in the end. You just cant see it now, but you will. And will all be here to discuss the big collapse when it takes place. Hopefully you'll join in the conversation.

#18     Feb 10, 2020
    Overnight likes this.
  9. The FED or gov't didn't have the market own the market in their 'balance sheet' back in the 1999
    but the problem the fed has push the market so high they need to keep pumping money in and the larger the market, the more money is to support the market. who has trillions in cash or even billions of cash to buy if people wanted cash? right now nobody wants cash. interest on cash is zero or negative rates in many countries. pension funds and many funds are FORCED to buy equities. by central bank policies. what you have gov't interference in the free market. or market manipulation by the central banks. that is market manipulation essentially what it is.

#19     Feb 10, 2020
  10. smallfil

smallfil

Leave the perma bears to their devices. They will figure it out when they have lost most of their monies. Waste of energies anyways. The big boys will roll them over then, dump them over the side of the boat.

#20     Feb 10, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.