Short shares called away at IB..?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by heech, May 11, 2009.

1. heech

heech

Why would I care about volume? The ask/bid spread is more a concern... but anything that's positive, even if it's just a couple percentage points, helps.

I'm carrying $1.2m on the long stock side of things this month. Even if I made myself just 5% annualized by going with the EFP -> SSF, that still translates into a $6k gain for the month.

Uh, okay.

My "major in logic" tells me that I can swap the 2600 shares of TTM that I'm holding long for June option expiration for 26 contracts of the June SSF. If I hit the bid, I get a boost in yield of 2.6% (annualized). If I split the spread, then I get a boost in yield of 12%.

The spread is disgustingly wide... but it's not like I need to do this quickly. If the API supports it, I can automate and sit in the middle of the SSF spread until I get all of my shares swapped. I guess there's also the question of whether IB charges cancellation fees on the price... all stuff to be investigated.

Thanks as always for your delightful, informed insights, and sparkling personality.

#11     May 11, 2009
  2. zdreg

zdreg

"I guess there's also the question of whether IB charges cancellation fees on the price."

this is one more example of your limited knowledge.

if there are cancellation fees they are charged by the exchanges and passed along by IB.

#12     May 11, 2009
  3. heech

heech

Christ man, get a hobby. And a sense of humor.

#13     May 11, 2009
  4. zdreg

zdreg

"if there are cancellation fees they are charged by the exchanges and passed along by IB.

Christ man, get a hobby. And a sense of humor."

your response is that of an adult to a statement of fact.

since from previous posts u have a mild fixation with the word butt why don't u get off your butt and do your research.

#14     May 11, 2009
  5. zdreg

zdreg

"I'm carrying $1.2m on the long stock side of things this month. Even if I made myself just 5% annualized by going with the EFP -> SSF, that still translates into a $6k gain for the month." heech

well said.

#15     May 11, 2009
  6. prime example of the huge ego on ET.

#16     May 17, 2009