Short Sell and buy to get a dividend.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JSim, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Bob111

Bob111

not required? do you really believe that you can choose to pay or not to pay?they will be automatically subtracted from your account.

it's much simpler than that.you have to pay taxes on dividends you receive(soon to be at highest rate in your tax basket)
    and you can't deduct losses from payments in lieu. so if you like to fuck yourself twice on this part alone-then go head..sodomize yourself in all holes with your dividend play :p

#11     Jul 21, 2011
  2. In the field of buy and sell business, you should be wise on making decisions. Do not just depend on what others are saying. Be professional on every move that you will make. Failures may come in your way but try to make all of your investments a successful one.

#12     Jul 21, 2011
  3. JSim

JSim

Your right, just read the whole thing. It deals with taxation of the dividend owed on the short sale.

I assumed the article was in some way relevant to my initial question. "Deduct these payments" was in reference to taxation not the owed dividend payment. And of course i love to lose $, isn't that why everyone's here? :p

Confucius say?

So in conclusion, short selling and buying a stock in order to get a dividend wont work because i will owe the dividend while simultaneously receiving it and will be taxed on the sum of money i wont actually be reviving. Glad i was able to work this out.

#13     Jul 21, 2011