Short Sale update

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Don Bright, Apr 28, 2005.

1. No, he's suggesting that the short sale rule is unique to the NYSE and that it is the fault of the NYSE. So the Naz is relevant. Get it?

#51     May 1, 2005
  2. So that means that every conspiracy theory is correct? The US has done bad things before (no country in the world has a spotless record), does that mean every crackpot conspiracy theory is true?

What the hell are you talking about? The Nazdaq has the same rule! Are you and ratboy 88 the same person??

Yah, it can happen at the Naz or NYSE in illiquid stocks. What's your point? Or were you just in a fairly liquid stock but you weret dead last in line (you said, gee I want to get short, after you saw everybody else did too).

Wow is that ridiculous. Yeah, the NYSE rules Congress, the White House and the Supreme Court too, right? Hey, and don't forget that the Nazdaq has the same rule.

#52     May 1, 2005
  3. Oh really? Ever actually TRADE? I put any short sell market order in on any high cap stock on the Naz and i'm filled in 2 seconds max.

I put any short sell market order in on any high cap stock on the NYSE and it may take 5, or even 10, or even 15 minutes for me to be filled on my MARKET order. That's, IF it's filled at all. 50% of the time they will NOT fill your market order placed after 3:55pm.

And you telling me the Naz and NYSE have the same rules??

#53     May 1, 2005
  4. naz does not need an up tick of the last price just the bid.

#54     May 1, 2005
  5. size

size

It looks to me to mean simply that you can short any stock in the Russel 1000 (this is comprised of all the big-caps and larger mid-caps) in the after-hours market without an up-tick. It also states that you can short any other stock not in the R1000 or the pilot lists any time that the consolidated tape is closed. (I take that to mean between the close and open.)

Therefore you guys with the nyse conspiracy theories can relax. Tommorrow you will be able to hit all the bids that you want after-hours. Let us all know about your good fortunes doing so.

#55     May 1, 2005
  6. "Therefore, the consolidated tape now operates from 4:00 am ET to 8:00 pm ET. The times at which the consolidated tape opens and closes may change in the future. "

i guess after hours now are from 8:01pm to 3:59am who is going to trade then and using what?

the only bids one can hit after hours as we knew it, after 4pm, are pilot b stocks.

#56     May 2, 2005
  7. nitro

nitro

It will make a huge difference for the stocks on the list. Now if we can get all of them to go on the list...

nitro

#57     May 2, 2005
  8. Nordic

Nordic

The tick test is suspended for stocks on the list during regular trading hours. After 4:15pm all names in the russell 1000 are exempt

#58     May 2, 2005
  9. size

size

What kind of huge difference? You mean harder to make money by using an edge and exploiting an inefficiency which will no longer exist?

#59     May 2, 2005
  10. Dustin

Dustin

I had a 7% increase in todays P&L due to the new SHO. I expect 5-10% a day minimum from here on out...time will tell.

#60     May 2, 2005