Short Sale update

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Don Bright, Apr 28, 2005.

1. These stocks will start trading like the futures, where they whip around wildly when you least expect it,

You can short futures any time you like. You rich yet?

#31     Apr 29, 2005
  2. bdon

bdon

No. This plan was made public a year ago with this May 1st date always targeted. It had been more of a wondering if it would actually happen

#32     Apr 29, 2005
  3. size

size

They probably even think that they are better off with the pennies rather than nickels or teenies.

#33     Apr 29, 2005
  4. actually may 1st is not the orig date.

#34     Apr 29, 2005
  5. That's what I expect but what about the thinner stocks. Might be able to set off sell stops in their wide spreads.

#35     Apr 29, 2005
  6. bdon

bdon

Whether or not it is the original date of the original plan that you read about in 1994 ratboy is irrelevant. It was a date picked around a year ago and thus not a date that came out of the blue just as the market is taking a beating, and short interest is particularly high. Thus some grand wizard is not trying to tempt more shorts into the market for a grande squeeze as the original conspiracy theorist that I replied to had pondered.

#36     Apr 29, 2005
  7. no need to be an ass about it.

#37     Apr 29, 2005
  8. Sounds like a good scheme regardless, short interest is already quite high. I think the conspiracy idea is valid, put on your tinfoil hats, cross your fingers and buy buy buy for the rocketship ready to take off.

#38     Apr 29, 2005
  9. #39     Apr 30, 2005
  10. (2) short sales in any security included in the Russell 1000 Index effected between 4:15 p.m. EST and the open of the consolidated tape the following day

does this mean that stocks in the Pilot B List have the ss rule suspended only in after hours, but not regular hours?

the sec statements always confuse the hell out of me.

#40     Apr 30, 2005