Short Recommendation

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nicodemus, Nov 28, 2001.

1. I read in the paper Sunday that Kimberly Clark spent 80 million revamping its Beech Island plant to manufacture moisturised toilet paper. This product will sell for $8.99 for a four pack. With a managment team like that I don't like this companies chances in the near future.

2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Nicodemus, I didn't realize you took a fundamentalist approach to your stock picking. Careful not to wipe out. :)

3. wouldn't it cause rashes?:)

4. liltrdr

liltrdr

What kind of man needs moisturizer on his A**hole anyway?
    Are they targeting a certain market demographic? :)

5. Private

Private

Your analysis of KMB based on a single newspaper story is very simple minded. Don't you realize that Gilette and others spend millions to develop razor blades that sell for under $10?

Take a good look at the paper towel dispenser the next time you are in any office building restroom. There is a good chance that the name Kimberly Clark is embossed in the white painted metal. The company has a huge market with bathroom supplies in thousands of office buildings all over the world. Their annual revenue is in the billions.

By the way, the company is holding a conference call this morning. Any negative comments won't be made because of a single product. There is a recesssion in progress, in case you have not noticed.

6. Private

You own some stock? The previous replies knew the post was tongue-in-cheek. Sorry if I stepped on any toes. I would not post any stock picks here.

7. Private

Private

I do not own KMB. There was nothing in your orignal post to suggest that it was tongue in cheek. It looked much like a Yahoo! message board post. My response to it was to point out that one cannot trivialize a short sell so easily. Look at KMB this morning--a nice move upward, and still going at this moment. Had someone shorted the stock based on your post they would have lost money.

8. ktm

ktm

Had someone shorted the stock based solely on his post, they would deserve to lose money.