Short Real Estate ETF

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Tuppy, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Tuppy

Tuppy

Four or five months ago I invested in SRS. Since that time the ETF has advanced very little - well, it went up and then back down. With all the bad news relating to real estate, I would have expected it to perform better. Does anyone understand what is going on here? Are there any other short real estate ETFs that might do better?

Thanks,
    Tuppy :confused:

2. its up 25% since last year. if you got out a few months ago you wouldve made a 50% return in about 8 months. no good? lol.

3. Tuppy

Tuppy

Well, I didn't sell a few months ago. :( I guess your point is that it was overbought and this is a normal correction. If your numbers are right, that might explain it.

Thanks,
    Tuppy

4. S2007S

S2007S

SRS is a great ETF to short real estate, I mentioned this ETF last year between 70-80.....I think its back to 110+ soon...

5. S2007S

S2007S

Tuppy you have to understand that these ETFS are volatile, SRS could easily lose or gain 20-30 dollars in a week, if you have profits on these Proshare etfs your best bet is to take quick profits due to the volatility....these are not for long term traders.

6. Bulls make money, Bears make money, PIGS GET SLAUGHTERED!

7. Tuppy

Tuppy

I guess I had better work on a system. I can't afford to let profits like that fade away. Thanks for the advice.