Short over the weekend

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myboyDWade, Jun 16, 2007.

1. "Since 1914 the average return on the Dow from the Mid-term Election Years low to its subsequential pre-election year highs, hab been 50%." (Looking back to 1914)
    Friends from the Spec. List.

So, if this "counting' holds true, which it does because I just researched the data, then we can expect to see the INDU around 16000 before the Elections.

So, if the SP number to watch is 1550, and we blow past that, shorts will be, well lets say very unhappy. And I don't think a Easy Pull back will be in place.

For the record. Im bearish on the US economy however, I can't change numbers and facts. Thus, if the Above Statment holds to be true (Election) then Bull Market is only in its first half of a very powerful run.

:eek:

#11     Jun 17, 2007
  2. Oh yea, X WEKK as well. So you gona see some serious volitilty which will make both positions Long and Short....well ......risky if your not a fast trader.

#12     Jun 17, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I think monday we could see another rise in equities however I think they will take a minor dip heading into tues and wed. This 3 day rally looks overbought at the moment. I went to 50% cash Friday around 10am, thinking it could be put to use come the next 1-3% dip.

#13     Jun 17, 2007
  4. covered 1546.75, waiting to get direction before getting back in.

#14     Jun 17, 2007
  5. Well, 14.5 of that was the rollover.

#15     Jun 17, 2007
  6. yes loufa i know that but you still get the gist of it being up alot the last week.

#16     Jun 17, 2007
  7. Crap, DOW futures up 32. I strongly think the it Fades today into negative territory but media may get a hard on to close at all time highs.(again)

Great, have to look at that orange ticker at the top of CNBC all day...lol

#17     Jun 18, 2007
  8. the fkin market just keep going higher
    Oil is 68.00 a barell. the market has been up so many day,s
    Every night i short the market i end up getting burned

#18     Jun 18, 2007