Short OSTK

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by BlueHorseshoe, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Spare me. I have an economics degree; I also have plenty of "grasp." You can't even differentiate "they're" from "their." We're talking 6th-grade level stuff.

I just took a look at an OSTK chart for the first time ever today. OSTK is up 109% since 11/21/08!!! No wonder you can't stay focussed: you are most likely hemmoraging money on your short. How's that for "very basic financial concepts," bitch?

#41     Dec 22, 2008
  2. Stone-cold clueless, and dishonest. Welcome to my ignore list.

#42     Dec 22, 2008
  3. When I started this thread, I didn't realize just how far out in left field Byrne has taken his company.

Apparently he is graciously contributing 5% of sales (shareholder's money) to his persecution of short-sellers. That's big of him, considering that OSTK is not profitable and it will soon (1-3 qtrs) need to go hat-in-hand to shareholders for a secondary top-up of cash.

Unbelievable.

This is not a company - its a farce.

[​IMG]

#43     Dec 22, 2008
  4. Please. Share with me how I can attain such status.

And you're not short OSTK. You're a pussy. Blow hard too.

Go tell Gramps.

#44     Dec 22, 2008
  5. zdreg

zdreg

tip: put in a order to sell C and bac short above the market. see if the order is accepted.

#45     Dec 22, 2008
  6. Notice how Fly has an ongoing campaign to drag this thread into the gutter, and away from a discussion of the fundamental merits of an investment in OSTK. That is, after all, the topic of this thread. Such are the tactics of desperate companies ... It just reinforces for me what a great short OSTK is.

Fly, again, thanks for the affirmation. :)

#46     Dec 22, 2008
  7. Hahaha!

I think I struck a nerve if this is all you can come up with! :D :D You had to try to get cute and arrogant with me (when I was attempting to have a discussion about concepts and principles), so I had to smack you down.

I posted FACTS about OSTK's incredible appreciation. Let's review the FACTS: The stock has moved in a very orderly fashion from the 11/21/08 low @ 6.34 to a high on 12/18/08 of 13.28. This is a freaking DOUBLE!! A 109% gain in less than a month! How often do you get those???? This FACT is killing you!!

If you have held this short less than a month, you are seriously bleeding cash. If you were to claim your OSTK short is currently profitable, this would mean you entered the trade prior to 10/18/08 which would mean you held a short position over a period in which the stock actually doubled. OUCH. Doesn't speak well about your trading prowess. THIS, SIR, IS CLUELESS.

Anyway, it is safe to say you have been exposed; I figured you out, plain and simple. It all makes sense. You were not attempting to debate me OR FLYTIGER on the merits of naked short selling. No, the pickle you are in revolves totally around being hemmed in to a disasterous OSTK trade and only a lower price will save you. THIS, SIR, IS DISHONEST.

Now go beg any and all who will listen to short your failure ("free money") so you may recoup a small fraction of your loss. May I recommend the Yahoo boards.

OK, now I'm officially done with you.

#47     Dec 22, 2008
  8. zdreg

zdreg

you don't write very well. your overuse of quotes shows a poor understanding of writing. your degree in economics is probably an undergraduate degree. in economics that is the equivalent of being graduated from elementary school.

#48     Dec 22, 2008
  9. Oh yeah? Well, you didn't capitalize the "i" in 'in' leading off a sentence.

I wonder how all this has happened, given there are insightful souls like yourself roaming the countryside?

#49     Dec 22, 2008
  10. zdreg

zdreg

the answer is easy. that is my personal internet shorthand not to capitalize. the statement is accurate. ( I is usually automatically capitalized regardless off its position.)

#50     Dec 22, 2008