Short OSTK

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by BlueHorseshoe, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Then you should do it.

#11     Dec 20, 2008
  2. Illum

Illum

Got some good karma maybe.

flytiger has been on it since before this whole house of cards collapsed, and I have to admit my ignoring of it. And even my bashing of overstock. I come out and admit my foolishness, and intend to grab some stock for justice.

Then I go to the site to have a look around. They have wiifit which my boy has on his Christmas list. I couldn't find this dang thing anywhere. Ordered it last night.

This thing has been so scarce, at least in NJ anyway, that I'm still concerned. Maybe they didn't update site and they are out too. Not sure. Plus I ordered last night, so who knows if it gets here on time. But... that is some good karma.

Yes... Im weird, but Overstock still kicks ass.:D

#12     Dec 20, 2008

3. The fact that they had it while others were sold out is not usually a good sign for the retailer right? Especially for an online retailer.

#13     Dec 20, 2008
  4. Translation: I'm clueless when it comes to fundamentals, and they don't give me the answers I like anyway, so I'll grasp at straws and hope for the best.

#14     Dec 20, 2008
  5. BlueHorseshoe:

This thread is an obvious attempt at retaliation against flytiger from a previous recent thread. I've spent some hours on Byrne's site (researching Cramer) and have to say I think he has presented his position in a very clear manner. Plus, I think Cramer is a crook.

Instead of listening to flytiger's position, you are in an incessant loop of bashing OSTK & its CEO. This is a childlike response.

All of this from someone whose handle is borrowed from the annonymous insider-trading kingpin in the movie "Wall Street." How fitting.

Why don't you short the stock with maximum leverage and shut up??

(FYI: I've never had a position in OSTK, nor will I)

#15     Dec 20, 2008
  6. Bull-dude,

I read your post with interest, and offer these thoughts:

This thread is an obvious attempt at retaliation against flytiger from a previous recent thread.

This is partially true, and I don't apologize for it. I'm a fundamental analyst, and hold views on many stocks. Very rarely do I post about them, because I know ET traders get cross-eyed when they try to process fundamentals.

But Fly-dude is being dishonest with himself, his audience, or both, and I find it offensive and perverse. Inefficient allocation of capital has real costs to all of us - even innocents who are not market participants. Fly is baldly promoting allocation inefficiency in his own (and friend's) interests at the very real expense of society. I find it offensive, criminal, sinful - choose your word. And I will continue to speak out as I see fit.

I've spent some hours on Byrne's site (researching Cramer) and have to say I think he has presented his position in a very clear manner. Plus, I think Cramer is a crook.

We can agree that Cramer is an assclown. (Not sure how that entered the discussion.) Byrne argues that some short-sellers do so 'illegally' by not locating stock to short. I'm not a securities lawyer so cannot weigh the merits of his argument. But Byrne's objective is clear enough: to create the conditions under which he and those of his ilk can continue to destroy capital, at the expense of innocents, largely unchecked.

I would agree that the COMPLETE SET of securities regulations and laws, including LISTING REQUIREMENTS, is seriously flawed. But Byrne is lobbying to 'fix' them to his nefarious advantage. It is wrong, and people should have the courage to speak out, even despite the incessant threats of legal action and 'investigation.'

Instead of listening to flytiger's position, you are in an incessant loop of bashing OSTK & its CEO. This is a childlike response.

I've been following Fly's posts for a few years now. (You've been on ET how long???) And I've closely followed the naked-short debate, including statements from Byrne. Fly has been campaigning in support of Byrne, and against shorts, for many years, largely unchecked and unchallenged. I've simply provided a fair reality check to all of his nonsense.

All of this from someone whose handle is borrowed from the annonymous insider-trading kingpin in the movie "Wall Street." How fitting.

Ad hominem ... not worthy of response.

Why don't you short the stock with maximum leverage and shut up??

Of course I short the stock, but would never recommend leveraging on a short.

(FYI: I've never had a position in OSTK, nor will I)

Great. You fall into the vast majority ... who never touch OSTK. But your parents, or grandparents may hold pension or index funds that have exposure to the stock. In your shoes I would be up in arms that OSTK ever listed in the first place. And even more put out that the CEO and Fly have the balls to defend their destruction of your loved one's capital.

But ... to each his own.

#16     Dec 20, 2008
  7. That's right there, dickweed. The entire world is on fire, and you're worried about lil' ole OSTK with it's 15mm shares and another 40mm shorted killing some pension fund.

You're like the old guy in the hospital, walkin' down the hall with everybody snickering. Your ass is hanging out there fella. You're showing all over. You'd better start worrying, if you care, about the pension funds that crammed into loeb and cohen's funds, and are taking the beatings of a lifetime. That's where the problem is. And there is only one guy who had the guts to come out..........

Quick story. He was going to NY for an interview early on, and I told him to "watch out. You know who you're dealing with, don't you."

He said, "I'm fine, I'm too well known. You'd better watch out, though."

Yeah, Ole Patrick........ He's gonna bring down America. Tsk tsk.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIHw7C73s3E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIHw7C73s3E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yep. Bigger than Enron. Enron was what? 65Billion? Madoff is at 36 billiona, and I'm hearing it could hit 100 billion , with the money stashed off shore. And sure, everyone was in on it, and Bernie took the hit for the family. So, that's one.

and then, there are these bank mergers with lawyers and accountants scouring the balance sheets. Do you think all is rosy there? There are another bunch of Madoff/Enrons there. Don't believe me? Go back, look at my posts, tell me what I've missed. go ahead. But you won't. Because you're shiftless and lazy. You never bring any facts. When Patrick was asked how it feels to be vindicated, he said, "I don't feel vindicated. I knew I was right. I had data." You see. Data. That is fundamental, isn't it. The fundamentals of buys and sells. Like, when Madoff's trades didn't show up, there was a flaw in the fundamentals, but nobody wanted to catch it. Too ugly. But here, he was dead on in the fundamentals. But you are a fundamentalist (so you say) arguing with fundamentals. Huh???

Yep. This is the guy who's gonna bring it all down. Sure. You're an idiot. A plain and simple idiot. Your pals, your heroes, they've taken everything good about capitalism, and turned it into some mutant cancerous cell that has metathesized to the point of killing the patient.

and by the way. He's no more positive now that he was in these videos. But we fight on. Maybe we'll save the cellar, and we can rebuild from there.

#17     Dec 20, 2008
  8. So now its about what a great macro-economist Byrne is. Interesting. Glad you cleared that up, because I thought he was running OSTK to create value for shareholders.

My grandfather used to tell me, when you call someone names, it reflects more on you than your intended target. I like to think he was on to something ...

#18     Dec 20, 2008
  9. Was he a piece of shit too, or are you a genetic mutant?

#19     Dec 20, 2008
  10. Illum

Illum

Very good video

#20     Dec 20, 2008