Short Opportunity of A Lifetime AZO Auto Zone

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by fencerd4, Mar 31, 2009.

1. the endless false belief that somehow, a few traders are smarter than the market. Don't deceive yourself, the market knows a lot more that you do.

Blindly deciding that a stock is over or under priced is a fools errand. You might as well put your money on the roulette wheel. Either way, the house gets it cut

#11     Mar 31, 2009
  2. Citi raised estimates for AAP, in the same sector. I'd either wait for a breakdown, or do some kindof pairs trading with AZO and some other stock in the sector (AAP, ORLY, PBY, PRTS).

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Advance-Auto-should-see-sales-apf-14410164.html

#12     Mar 31, 2009
  3. piezoe

piezoe

No argument with your last post at all, Short3R. I am looking at the at the 240 Jan 10 puts, just because of Fence4rd's post. Thank you Fence.

#13     Mar 31, 2009
  4. piezoe

piezoe

#14     Mar 31, 2009
  5. #15     Mar 31, 2009
  6. lindq

lindq

AZO is an extremely well run company with a reasonable PE and solid EPS, in a rising overall market environment.

Short it and die.

#16     Mar 31, 2009
  7. Exactly....and their customers don't live in fancy or big houses that going to be foreclosed.

#17     Mar 31, 2009
  8. My friend runs a mechanics garage similar to this (but on a much smaller scale obviously) and says business is booming right now.
    People want to repair not buy new.

#18     Mar 31, 2009
  9. Cutten

Cutten

Here's a tip that will save you lots of money and stress - never short a stock until the newsflow turns negative.

#19     Mar 31, 2009
  10. piezoe

piezoe

And all the news is happy happy right now! In fact it's too happy. Tells me this is a great one to watch for later shorting opportunity.

#20     Mar 31, 2009