SHORT oil @$125.55 and up

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by 5Pillars, May 9, 2008.

1. The interesting thing is that oil is in an incredibly strong trend and still there are so many people trying to pick a top, it is completely idiotic to sell short on a day like today where there aren't any signals of a possible (shortterm) reversal. Let's change the site to EliteGambler.

#41     May 20, 2008
  2. Not trying to pick a top as tops are hard to pick. Sell when overbought and buy oversold. Fundamentals of trading.....

#42     May 20, 2008
  3. Ok, I am willing to learn, how did you determine it was overbought, and I am not even disagreeing with you, however, people are posting trades every 30 seconds on here without giving detailed information why, target, stoploss, timeframe, etc. Once this information is given, than there can be a discussion on opinions which is the main purpose of a forum.

#43     May 20, 2008
  4. S/R levels as well as price action. Also daily range over past several days and the breakout today to the levels seen. Seemed to be holding that area (as seen by price action and can be seen as of writing) but now seems to be forming support there. If there is no pullback, we will see a continuation of new highs which has been the trend and nothing new.

#44     May 20, 2008
  5. gobar

gobar

man another record for oil..

130.25 +

thats just crazy.....

#45     May 21, 2008
  6. 5pillars has been seen in Alaska drilling for oil.

#46     May 21, 2008
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

...on his fifth well, they all come up dry so far but he is optimistic. :D :D :D

#47     May 21, 2008
  8. 50_Bip

50_Bip

Wow there is no top in oil. Big inventory report today - huge drawdowns and oil is a jumpin'.

#48     May 21, 2008
  9. I do apologize, but I did have to fill up my car today and it does take 23 gallons.

#49     May 21, 2008
  10. Trading off of an "overbought/oversold" oscillator is a sure fire way to the poor house.

You need to first IDENTIFY the TREND before using such an indicator.

Being overbought in a Bull Market is extremely BULLISH. Vice-versa with being oversold in a Bear Market.

#50     May 21, 2008