short LEH overnite

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by forsalenyc, Sep 9, 2008.

1. You're holding SKF and UYG at the same time, adding to both?

#11     Sep 9, 2008
  2. ok ok...i admit that it's a bad play. I'll be the biggest fool on ET tomorrow if it gaps up.

if the news includes takeover/buyout......how do u guys think it'll turn out? just curious....

damm curious

#12     Sep 9, 2008
  3. maybe private equity wants to buy nueberger berman at price x and lehman wants price y which is higher and the govt is covering the difference maybe.

#13     Sep 9, 2008
  4. If LEH doesn't go tits up, at a minimum Fuld has to be ousted asap and replaced with someone more willing to get things done instead of driving buyers away by demanding 'book value' in times when book value means jacksh**.

#14     Sep 9, 2008
  5. m22au

m22au

I hope (and doubt) that the govt would provide such a gift to LEH shareholders.

More likely scenarios include:

(1) A GS-LEH shotgun marriage, similar to the JPM-BSC and BAC-CFC lovefests earlier in the year

(2) LEH swallowing its pride and selling Neuberger Berman at a firesale price, particularly given that (a) Korea is interested and (b) LEH is not in a position to bargain on price

#15     Sep 9, 2008
  6. I am seeing LEH trading back to 8.35 at the moment 7:00 pm central, what are you showing this as, just wondering if they didn't leak something to get this to pop.

#16     Sep 9, 2008
  7. S2007S

S2007S

I have been buying and selling UYG for the last 2 months between 18-24, while holding positions in my IRA.

3 times already this month.

Sold some SKF today at $114.25.

And more QLD around $64.25.

#17     Sep 9, 2008
  8. well the afterhours movement isn't exactly a pop....it gradually moved down to 7.21 and then slowly moved up to 8.75ish and then settled down near 8.35. I don't think it was a leak. some dude is buying, which is even more wacko than what I did.......or maybe this dude knows something. I am out of the money 35c.

#18     Sep 9, 2008
  9. zdreg

zdreg

is this new terminology for an unhedged position naked short or a naked long?

obviously a naked short has another meaning as in a short sale which stock is undelivered.

usage doesn't sound right.

#19     Sep 9, 2008
  10. you have a point.....but I won't fully deny being an 'utter moron'. don't know what's gotten into me.....it was a dumb trade. now i gotta wake up early tomorrow

#20     Sep 9, 2008