short journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by medo, Feb 3, 2004.

1. medo

medo Guest

basic premise behind these plays is simple; my take is that after a stock experience massive gains, if next day it does not continue yesterday move, some of the longs will lock their profits, therefore create enough selling presure. So what I am looking for is start of that selling presure which hopefully creates larger momentum. As I said, what became my problem is execution: to early exits, and so for.

another thing of note is that every stock has its own dynamic, rhythm, and it is important to get a handle on that. It is work in progress for me... hopefully this journal will be helpfull.

today list:

ACTG 7.35 (7.50)
    AELA 5.88 (6.10)
    KFRC 10.50 (10.50)
    NVDM 6.03 (6.03)

#11     Feb 5, 2004
  2. medo

medo Guest

short AELA 5.39
    hope to short ACTG over $7

#12     Feb 5, 2004
  3. medo

medo Guest

close AELA 5.13

#13     Feb 5, 2004
  4. medo

medo Guest

short AELA at $5

#14     Feb 5, 2004
  5. medo

medo Guest

BCSI 28.70 (29.50)
    TRPH 6.04 (6.25)
    RATE 14.81 (14.85) - might be a good company to invest IMO
    ENWV 11.34 (12.25)
    IBIS 13.96 (14.37)

some of these companies could be good investment IMO

+
    watching BIV and AELA

#15     Feb 6, 2004
  6. medo

medo Guest

short
    IBIS $13.63
    TRPH $6

#16     Feb 6, 2004
  7. If u want to make it as a trader.. u have to learn to play both sides of the market.

U should always have a list of stocks to go long and to go short at all times.. just in case anything happens.

There will be big down moves and big up moves.. u have to be ready for both at all times.

--MIKE

#17     Feb 6, 2004
  8. medo

medo Guest

particulary bad day for shorting with major indexes going north (at least for me)

covered AELA at 5.6
    TRPH 6.32
    IBIS 14.05

today I tried to setup fairly loose stops (in order to stay in position), alas, bad luck (or is it luck), all were hit.

well, at least I lost according to my plan :)

( in disciplined manner; did not violate and did not overttrade)

#18     Feb 6, 2004
  9. medo

medo Guest

Of course I have long positions, just that they are not documented here (come in handy, to offset loses). This is intended solely for this kind of setup. Anyway, thank you for all your input.

#19     Feb 7, 2004
  10. agpilot

agpilot

medo
    Interesting attempt. I don't have any magic formula to share but I'll make a comment. Aren't a few of these stocks in too much of an uptrend and the 10% up day that catches your attention is just a another upday in an uptrend? Not all are in uptrends but enough? Could I suggest also taking a look at sharp down days that do NOT recover much the following day or have a very short lived bounce up the next day only to go back down to new low? That would be "two indications" that the trend will most likely be more down in the next several days. I am just throwing out my 2 cents worth and wishing you luck.... This would be a big change in what you've been focused on. agpilot
    Ps: I forgot to add symbols: CI,BBI,MTD,VRC,ICOS

#20     Feb 7, 2004