Short Ideas "if" Corona Virus Hits Our Shores In a Big Way

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by vanzandt, Feb 14, 2020.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

I think that might be a good trade. Its an obvious trade though, so when that happens they oftentimes head up before they start down, it depends on what the current short interest is. Can't let the shorts have an easy trade. Its on the Dow 30 though too, that always muddies the water a bit. But if its gonna go down, it'll go down regardless. There might be a better one with a higher beta though in that list of components in IHF not so much on the radar. I'll work on that.

#31     Feb 23, 2020
  2. I'll add if I'm right.

#32     Feb 23, 2020
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

The premise was built on assuming the disease would spread and healthcare would remain private, two things OP has assured us of in other threads.

#33     Feb 23, 2020
  4. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I'm back in inverses SQQQ UVXY etc, here's my main current positions:

fdly21fb.jpg

#34     Feb 23, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Here, I fixed the arrows for ya since I know you demand precision lol... I added a few too.
    There's definitely a strong correlation.

upload_2020-2-23_12-57-27.png

#35     Feb 23, 2020
  6. mkt was already in recovery mode.

#36     Feb 23, 2020
  7. easymon1

easymon1

8. %%
    Good points;
    but most airlines are an accident/downtrend waiting to happen. LUV maybe an exception,[better run than most] even though its below 50dma..............................................

#38     Feb 24, 2020
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Down 6% on that report. :D
    It'll spike out of the gate tomorrow and then go higher. Maybe. Depends on how bad of a cluster-f the debate goes tonight... thats the whole tide thing. Always respect the tide.

So like I said, let this one run. But it will break its 200 day soon enough. That would be a move south.
    Its overpriced af. Don't believe what you read. The experts are idiots.

#39     Feb 25, 2020
  10. RRY16

RRY16

Is VZ really David Goodboy aka MarketSurfer?

#40     Feb 25, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.