Short Google, MA, AAPL AND RIMM

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by michaelscott, May 31, 2007.

1. So \Micheal scott the putz how are those shorts doing? Did you cover yet or are you going to continue to lose money as you seem to be good at doing.

MA, RIMM, aapl, goog all went up and the market was down. You absolutely suck at stock trading.

putz.

#51     Jun 18, 2007
  2. Man, this has got the be the worst call in the history of bad calls.

#52     Jun 18, 2007
  3. Its not a bad call, its an early call.

These three sisters are trading lockstep with the rest of the market. Any news seems to shoot then any which way. Institutions have stopped accumulating. The only people left are the traders and they will close their position on a moments notice. When the price starts falling, stops will be hit at the institutions. These will drop fast and hard.

Some of you guys have never seen a stock BARF. Im telling you that these will BARF just like the homebuilders did, just like the smallcap oil drillers did. Each year there is a sector that runs up parabolically and then they BARF.

Here are my thoughts on each. I have charted each out and will be shorting hard the minute they break through their trend lines. All the prop traders are trading them now and will stop once the risk manager comes out to say stop.

Last year, Apple went from 90 to 50 in short order.

Watch and wait until the market corrects and I will be waiting patiently to pull the trigger on each. These high growth overvalued momos will fall faster wiping out months of gains in days.

I love shorting the markets and stocks that run up real quick where the price looks like a high pole are my favorites. Everyone's favorite will soon become the ugly turd. I was short on Hansens last year when it fell and thats how it will be this year with the rotten Apple and its ugly two sisters.

#53     Jun 19, 2007
  4. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. Ever tried shorting weak stocks instead to put risk/reward in your favor?

#54     Jun 19, 2007
  5. gaj

gaj

that was on june 7.

those levels weren't "much lower" in a few days.

that is a WRONG CALL.

there were plenty of people short TASR, LHSP and a ton of others, and capitulated when they couldn't take the pressure. and the stocks eventually cratered.

guess what? they get brownie points in the cheerleading / bragging section you're proficient in (not wrong, just 'early'). but they lost their shirt, or their money or both. and guess what? they were WRONG.

#55     Jun 19, 2007
  6. An early call is a bad call.

Timing makes the trade.

I'm almost always right on my fundamental calls as well. But my timing often bad. Those are bad trades; bad calls.

And this shouldn't come of as arrogant, since we all know a broken clock is right twice a day.

Most of us are right about our calls.. the real difficulty is timing. Writing is on the wall for all this stuff.

#56     Jun 19, 2007
  7. Rugby

Rugby

Michael-

You holding your RIMM short into the report on THURS? Anbody playing RIMM for some movement?

#57     Jun 27, 2007
  8. i heard people are.. im not one of them though. dont agree with their decision making either..

#58     Jun 27, 2007
  9. once a putz always a putz. How about rimm..did you cover that?

#59     Jun 27, 2007
  10. gaj

gaj

just checking in.

#60     Jun 28, 2007