Short Google, MA, AAPL AND RIMM

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by michaelscott, May 31, 2007.

1. danoXP

danoXP

AAPL & RIMM agreed. Nowhere to go, but down ... but, when.

#11     May 31, 2007
  2. I don't think its time yet.

put a new position on today - since the market is moving. went long aapl 120 july puts at 5.10 - bought stock to make delta neutral synthetic straddle.

will maintain the neutrality, scalping dollars in and out, and hope for some serious moves in the next few weeks.

Still think AAPL is due to test support somewhere. Thought it was 100; guess not.

GOOG is on the verge of a breakout.

I think AMZN needs to go back to 50.. but that's not happening anytime soon. At least not this options cycle.

RIMM, while superficially seeming expensive is actually fairly priced. Learn the PEG ratio.

BIDU is even fairly priced considering their growth prospects.

I predict AAPL's next big selloff will be caused by negative iphone publicity. The issue remains: will it selloff from 130, not 120? or from 140?

regardless I'm prepared.

#12     May 31, 2007
  3. I have no opinion on the others (well, on RSH I have to note I'm amazed it's still around) but I have to agree with the previous on GOOG. The chart is absolutely gorgeous. It has gradually come down in volatility while consolidating at its highest range, between 450 and 500, plus or minus a few points on either side. It looks ready to bust, big time. I put in a long just a couple of days ago. It's a rare case where I think it's good both as a short-term trade and a longer-term (six months or more) holding.

#13     May 31, 2007
  4. Go ahead and short these stocks if you enjoy losing money.

#14     May 31, 2007
  5. Coolweb, is that you??:D :D :D

#15     May 31, 2007
  6. But if you never cover do you lose money? :p :p :p

#16     Jun 1, 2007
  7. GOOG didn't go up after they went live with the street level viewing technology? im surprised. i thought it was pretty ground breaking.

#17     Jun 1, 2007
  8. Good luck with these picks Michael. I hope you keep tight stops on them won't lose too much money.

#18     Jun 1, 2007
  9. KS96

KS96

It's very reassuring that you agree, thanks.

#19     Jun 1, 2007
  10. Yarg!!!! Radioshack might be a short afterall. Controller getting fired, downgraded by Goldman. I have you in my crosshairs radioshack! you too interactive brokers!!! Yarg!!!!!

#20     Jun 1, 2007