Short facebook. On Nov 14th, it will be trading under $10

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by peilthetraveler, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Are you sure that you can out some ?.

#11     Nov 4, 2012
  2. Yes totally meant support, still new to trading :D
    Every time it has dropped below 21$ someone has bought it back up since the lockup that expired on Oct 29. Perhaps Zuck is propping it up for his employees to cash out?
    Also the amount of shares that became available was gobbled up within the first few hours due to sheer volume of shares that were traded so it really made little impact. 777M is significantly more then the Oct 29th though.

#12     Nov 4, 2012
  3. i was watching the trading intraday on FB on the ipo day and saw key price levels defended like the 300 at thermopoly - until the levels broke

#13     Nov 5, 2012
  4. some pepole act like a three year old

if those guys who have lots of stocks and value it, they will not sell.

if you think FB will be around 50 bucks next couple years while it is at 21, if I were them, I will not sell, I will buy more.

the lock-up doenot really mean anything.

all major things are in bear market, it is a good time to load some FB if you are an investor.

#14     Nov 5, 2012
  5. Because it costs 7 times as much. This is a gamble, nonetheless, but one that could payout bigtime. We've never seen a stock where the lock ups expire and are 50% of the outstanding shares on a single day. Basically more than twice the shares sold during the IPO are coming out of lockup on the 14th, only on the 14th, there will be no hyped up newbie buyers keeping the stock pushed.

#15     Nov 5, 2012
  6. That you don't understand that this is "in the market" leads me to assume you're pretty new at this. It may touch $19 next week, but I doubt it highly.

Want to bet on a touch of $18 by the 4pm Eastern on the 18th?

#16     Nov 5, 2012
  7. Klemen

Klemen

If Facebook does not come with some really new marketing tool it will be next AOL, Yahoo or sth. like that and not like Google...

#17     Nov 6, 2012
  8. I believe you're right, because a search engine and social site is completely two different things. One is a mass search engine, and advertising is obvious than because of what it do. Well, for fb I still can't get around it. I hope I am wrong, but it seem to not have life whether the economy gets better or not. Goog has ways to grow but its amazing companies life NLFX have destroy competition now they're coming from hindsight of Amazon. Amzn simple ideas make the CEO's of the corporate world look like they don't know simple things or something. I am sure fb will not be a myspace though, but watch when the future changes...it had demand because it began as a Havard profile ???

#18     Nov 6, 2012
  9. You are long facebook, arent you? :)

And I think you missed the whole point of my post. I've said this is a sort of long shot type bet, but I believe the odds are better than normal of hitting this lottery ticket because of the expiration of lockups which is greater than the amount of shares that were originally sold during the IPO. Basically what I am saying is, that there is the POTENTIAL that Nov 14th will look like facebooks IPO day if they didnt have any newbie buyers that day.

As far as the further out options are concerned, what I meant was you get 7 times less options if you get the further out months. (leads me to assume you are new at this) :):cool:

#19     Nov 6, 2012
  10. apple

apple

Have you ever used facebook at all? It has big potential, I would load FB if it's go further down, but I doubt if it will.

#20     Nov 6, 2012