short EUR/USD...

Discussion in 'Forex' started by empee, Oct 18, 2005.

1. OfmY

OfmY

Is playing on globex is safer than spot? why?

#51     Oct 19, 2005
  2. OfmY

OfmY

now eurusd will go through 1.20 and it will...i'm sure)) look at usdjpy

#52     Oct 19, 2005
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Kinda like the last long entry you missed?

#53     Oct 19, 2005
  4. empee

empee

hi,

thanks for your comments. I play a lone hand so I won't explain nor will I will i take your criticisms personally.

I believe I have a great edge and I have the discipline to make a lot of money, which is usually made by sitting. Therefore I post here.

To remind you please review:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46886&highlight=euro

I posted this when Euro was at 1.33, I called 1.20 WAY back then. I had my "other great trade of the year" back then exiting for +350 pips or so, and +700 on 2nd half. (My target was 1.27 that is why I exited there instead of holding for 1.2000) If you look at the chart it took several weeks to develop (well the first 1/2 I got almost immediately which is why I took 1/2 off)

If you look at your charts back then it was a fairly presicent call especially when we reading about how the USdollar was going to zero (You remember those magazine covers dont you?)

Please understand I am a 'real' trader; I am not a scalper and I post these so people see I'm not full of B.S. and calling my moves positions in arrears like everyone else seems to do.

Personally, I dont mind small losses as much as when I take several stops them the big move happens without me.

Be patient friends, I'm still looking for a big move in US Dollar.

Still stalking an re-entry.

#54     Oct 19, 2005

5. No, makes not much difference. It is only that I am using the Globex data for my own charting. Some trades I use spot, some trades I big contracts. But for longer term charting I use the mini contract because it has less load on the charting package.

Hope this helps
    Maria

#55     Oct 19, 2005
  6. OfmY

OfmY

Yeah, I see)

Have a nice trade and decent profits, Maria:)

#56     Oct 19, 2005
  7. empee

empee

hi, i tried one more early entry, 1.2034 9 pip stop, if I stop I will wait for a better short entry.

The reason I am entering early is because I am expecting a climatic selloff where it drops extremely fast, ie panic and it is difficult to get short/moves very fast, thus the early entries.

currently -12 pips across 3 trades.

#57     Oct 19, 2005
  8. The recent EUR chart since OCT 5 is interesting.

I still short. Sittight.

#58     Oct 20, 2005
  9. TickJob

TickJob

:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#59     Oct 20, 2005
  10. KS96

KS96

My 1-3dayswings system gave a sell on EUR/CAD
    yesterday at around 1.4100
    which looks much better than the sell on EUR/USD.

A

#60     Oct 20, 2005