short EUR/USD...

Discussion in 'Forex' started by empee, Oct 18, 2005.

1. empee ... were you asleep when your trade was
    in the money for you ?

did you lower stops to take some partial profits
    on your short ( trade of the yr )?

#41     Oct 19, 2005
  2. empee

empee

yes, actually i was asleep, this was a swing trade I expected to hold it for weeks possibly months. However, I stopped out at the High of the day for today! I wait and see if I can get another entry.

I originally placed the trade with a 10 pip stop, once it moved in my favor I moved the stop to breakeven, if it had moved in my favor I was going to trend trade it off the daily using daily pivot highs as trailing stop. Thus, I stopped out breakeven (less commissions).

Thanks

#42     Oct 19, 2005
  3. empee

empee

i reentered on the dec futures (6ez5) 1.2011, stop is 1.2021, 10 point stop.

This is trade #3

1st trade - -2 pip
    2nd trade - breakeven

#43     Oct 19, 2005
  4. empee

empee

stopped -10, waiting for better re-entry

#44     Oct 19, 2005
  5. -2 pips? Breakeven? - 10?

You realize that trading like that, otherwise known as scalping, is probably one of the easier ways of losing money in currencies, right?

#45     Oct 19, 2005
  6. Where do you enter? If the channel goes down you enter at the high turn around location, you do not enter at the bottom?

Like the rebound was not a big suprise.......it hit the lower band of the channel.... Shortly we may go down again....

Maria

pssst you notice the horizontal S/R lines at the 50's levels? don't tell anyone.....

#46     Oct 19, 2005
  7. achilles28

achilles28

I think we're finding bottom; on the verge of the next big directional movement.

Could be wrong.

#47     Oct 19, 2005
  8. No, it is called "bait and switch". That's why anticipation does not work.

Maria

#48     Oct 19, 2005
  9. OfmY

OfmY

Maria,

Where are you from?

That picture explains nothing other than previous trend after Katrina...and Wilma is coming but weaken.

Anyway, also think that downside is most possible way.

#49     Oct 19, 2005
  10. Trend is in place until broken.

I only posted it to figure out where empee was entering because I do not see a logical point where I would enter his longer term trade of the year. (by the way: this is not what I use for my trading)

As far as I am concerned there was a risk of going sideways so I played it safe during the Globex session.

Maria

#50     Oct 19, 2005