short EUR/USD...

Discussion in 'Forex' started by empee, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Then you have "matured" and have your emotions under control. Well done!

But the big question is (and at the end of the day that is the only thing that is important): Are you correct on the direction of the market and making money?

:cool:

#31     Oct 19, 2005
  2. Like I said again and again, it is the EUR significant support level and JPY 2years new high.

IF the balance of EUR and JPY is flat, when USD break against JPY, automatically USD must break against EUR. That's the arb thing. When USD is acting on both currency, EUR and JPY, the relation of these 3 pairs are defined in a sense.

So, I said watch out your stop.

#32     Oct 19, 2005
  3. Deptrai

Deptrai

Maria, yes. I have been in forex training since June 1995. At the beginning it was tough. Now, I look back and I am not the same person that I was 10 years ago. I have become a Zen trader. :)

#33     Oct 19, 2005
  4. So are you saying that the trades were generated by robots and not stops that were triggered?

Thanks
    M.

#34     Oct 19, 2005
  5. In fact, this is very interesting stuff to study close. Anayzing more pairs not just EURUSD, there must be an extra info to be obtain for breakout.

USD has shown breakouts against AUD and CHF at the same time.

Check charts on other currency pair.

#35     Oct 19, 2005
  6. More and more am I wondering if we are dealing here with a fake breakout. Time will tell me in due time, just sitting tight and watching. Fascinating and great information to be gained here!

:cool:

#36     Oct 19, 2005
  7. In a sense, YES.

EUR/USD = (EUR/JPY) / (USD/JPY)

Each pair cannot be traded in outside of this forumula. Spot is tied by this, and futures is tied by spot. Not exactly sure which is by which though.

So, if USDJPY moves quick, unless EURJPY moves in a way to modify, EURUSD also MUST move to satisfy this formula.

#37     Oct 19, 2005
  8. wooaaa! back above the support / resistance again!

VERY interesting, should have listened to my hunch and gone long. But like Darvas: listened too much to the "noise".... I will have to distance myself from the noise level here on ET....

M.

edit: Now a big hammer for today and a hammer on the 13th making the downtrend in doubt for the Candlestick traders....

#38     Oct 19, 2005
  9. yeah, a nice rebound for intraday trades.

#39     Oct 19, 2005
  10. empee

empee

update:

i stopped out on this trade, currently the high of the day lol.

I stopped out of my klac puts and dow short today too yuk!

I will look and see if I can get a good rentry on this.

#40     Oct 19, 2005