Short data project

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by eesnz, Jan 11, 2021.

1. eesnz

eesnz

I'm working on a short data project for short sellers - totally free not a commercial product - see the demo at https://shortdata.crediblock.com

Later I plan to add more data into a dashboard, with a focus on short selling.

2. eesnz

eesnz

I'd like to hear feedback, there are some things needed to be fixed such as mobile view, and we are adding another data set.

3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

can you put the scale on the right cause the most recent data is most important and it's hard to see with the scroll bar on the right. moving the scale will make it easier to see.

also some cross hairs to track the values would be useful. ah never mind i see you have a vertical tracker. < can you make that darker i can barely see it.

4. eesnz

eesnz

thanks, working on it.

5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

the way i would see using it, is looking at extremes on the upside and the downside.

let's say you request 1000 data points it would be helpful to me maybe not everyone, to have a mean line for the low readings and a mean line for the high readings. if there data requested was just 100 data points then the mean's would adjust to that lookback 100.

6. eesnz

eesnz

Do you mean like a moving average cross?

7. eesnz

eesnz

I think I get it, an average - but can you elaborate?

8. Good project. What is the data source for your short volume data? Numbers seem low. Did you get all the exchanges and dark pools, etc?

9. mh22spac

mh22spac

Are you sourcing the data from FINRA ?

10. Unless I'm missing something here, this is completely useless. You can't do anything with such a graph.

What is informative about short data is things like short interest %, days to cover etc. Preferably computed using the most complete, accurate and up-to-date information. Then to identify interesting stocks, you need some way of searching through the data for all stocks, like a screener.

shortsqueeze.com, shortsight.com, ortex.com are examples of useful data and tools for short analysis. of course, these are not free.

#10     Feb 13, 2021