short crude

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hawk 1, Mar 5, 2008.

1. piezoe

piezoe

I am not interested in shorting something acting strong just because i think it is too high. I much prefer to short something weak and getting weaker. But were i to short oil, and i'm not, i think i would try to find some puts deep in the money and far out.

As a matter of fact, i bought Norwegian Oil sometime back because i thought it was too low and i did not see any significant strengthening in the US dollar for quite some time. So far, knock on wood, that has proved to be the right move, but i don't plan to get greedy.

#21     Mar 6, 2008
  2. ===================
    Thought Boone Pickens was short crude recently;
    perhaps as a small % compared to his longs???

Bought some mexican style beans with chili gravy recently;
    excellant buy in cash market,Senior:cool:

#22     Mar 6, 2008
  3. hawk 1

hawk 1

Bocklanders, the link for c2 is pinnacle.

#23     Mar 6, 2008
  4. hawk 1

hawk 1

brocklanders not bock

#24     Mar 6, 2008
  5. I looked around but didn't find it on c2. Do you have a link directly? I didn't see a way to search by just name. Thanks.

#25     Mar 6, 2008
  6. hawk 1

hawk 1

#26     Mar 6, 2008
  7. Ok, thanks. I haven't used c2 very much other than a casual look. I'll look for it now.

#27     Mar 6, 2008
  8. hawk 1

hawk 1

I just found that c2 site. Seems pretty cool...thought it would be a fun way to track trades. trading from home gets pretty boring...many systems on there started mine with 10k to include everyone

#28     Mar 6, 2008
  9. redpr

redpr

oil futures down at open, they havent been like that in a while,, profit taking today?

#29     Mar 7, 2008
  10. I sold a little short this morning above $105 for a day trade. It has been really choppy so far though. I'm not sure what that big spike up 9:00am was about but it is back down now. I'm hanging in there though..

#30     Mar 7, 2008