Short CL @ $95.61

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by IRiskRunner, Nov 4, 2007.

1. http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1681362,00.html?imw=Y

"Oil prices hit a record high of $97 a barrel on Tuesday, but the next generation of consumers could look back on that price with envy. The dire predictions of a key report on international oil supplies released Wednesday suggest that oil prices could move irreversibly over the $100 a barrel threshold in the not too distant future, as the global economy faces a serious energy shortage.

This gloomy assessment comes from the International Energy Agency, the Paris-based organization representing the 26 rich, gas-guzzling member nations of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). The agency is not known for alarmist warnings, and its World Energy Outlook is typically viewed by policy wonks as a solid indicator of global energy supplies. In a marked change from its traditionally bland, measured tones, the IEA's 2007 report says governments need to make urgent, bold decisions on energy policy, or risk massive environmental and energy-supply crises within two decades — crises and shortages that could spark serious global conflicts.

"I am sorry to say this, but we are headed toward really bad days," IEA chief economist Fatih Birol told TIME this week. "Lots of targets have been set but very little has been done. There is a lot of talk and no action." ."

#11     Nov 7, 2007
  2. alarming indeed ;-)

#12     Nov 7, 2007
  3. What contract are you shorting? February?

OldTrader

#13     Nov 7, 2007
  4. The most liquid month, and this is primarily due to size

This run in Crude is mostly fuelled by shorts capitulating. Aaron rings the bell

#14     Nov 7, 2007
  5. Poole

Poole

and the most liquid month is?

#15     Nov 7, 2007
  6. loik

loik

first to expire

#16     Nov 7, 2007
  7. I may suggest you take some initiative and do your homework. I am sure you will learn quite a bit by beginning to think independently

Please note that I am not trying to be rude in any way shape or form... just trying to help you grow as an independent trader

#17     Nov 7, 2007
  8. nice 3$ loser went to 98.62 if you can take that much heat can I come trade for you? I only take 20 cents of heat then I am out. Sorry at 96.86 now I guess $1.25 of heat is ok for you?

#18     Nov 7, 2007
  9. “I can’t tell you how it came to take me so many years to learn that instead of placing piking bets on what the next few quotations were going to be, my game was to anticipate what was going to happen in a big way.”

“The desire for constant action irrespective of underlying conditions is responsible for many losses in Wall Street even among the professionals, who feel that they must take home some money every day, as though they were working for regular wages.”

“With me I must back my opinions with my money. My losses have taught me that I must not begin to advance until I am sure I shall not have to retreat. But if I cannot advance I do not move at all. I do not mean by this that a man should not limit his losses when he is wrong. He should. But that should not breed indecision. All my life I have made mistakes, but in losing money I have gained experience and accumulated a lot of valuable don’ts. I have been flat broke several times, but my loss has never been a total loss. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be here now. I always knew I would have another chance and that I would not make the same mistake a second time. I believed in myself. A man must believe in himself and his judgment if he expects to make a living at this game.”

"My plan of trading was sound enough and won oftener than it lost. If I had stuck to it I'd have been right perhaps as often as seven out of ten times. In fact, I always made money when I was sure I was right before I began. What beat me was not having brains enough to stick to my own game - that is, to play the market only when I was satisfied that precedents favored my play. There is a time for all things, but I didn't know it."

#19     Nov 7, 2007
  10. I am not being facetious when i say this, I hope one day I can be big enough to place trades on and take heat with a more macro prospective. My friends that do make a lot more money than I do right now. For me right now I am in and out all day in a lot of markets. Good trading to you sir.

#20     Nov 7, 2007