Short AAPL $632 I got 'em

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Uncle_Ho, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Uncle Ho is a bit quiet; as a real trader he doesn't flinch from these small fluctuations probably.

#41     Apr 9, 2012
  2. Exit @ 637.27; a nice 4% increase of my account :)

#42     Apr 9, 2012
  3. Good day trade.
    :cool:

#43     Apr 9, 2012
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Levered 5:1 intraday on this stock? Aggressive.

#44     Apr 9, 2012
  5. Actually 6.3:1; I always use a tight stoploss and have a high expectancy value, so I can take on this kind of risk.

#45     Apr 9, 2012
  6. Actually I'm not satisfied with this trade; I left profits on the table. Now, if my exit was based on rational grounds, this wouldn't bother me. But my reasoning was as follows: it dropped 50 cents from the high, and I couldn't bear to let go of more than that amount from such a nice profit, while I knew there was more to be gained. If my profit had been 2% instead of 4%, I would have let it go more against me. And, of course, I exited on a bottom.

According to my GF, I won't be a real trader until I stop being bothered by this :D After taking profits, I shouldn't care anymore.

#46     Apr 9, 2012

7. This thought always makes me feel good, even on a small profit:
    "You made that money sitting on your butt, using your brain, and clicking a mouse. Compare that to working for it at a day job."

#47     Apr 9, 2012
  8. :D that's certainly true. And I have real fun trading; am not bored by it yet. Especially prop trading with 20:1 buying power.

#48     Apr 9, 2012
  9. Only problem with sitting on my butt all day is that I grow horizontally. Thankfully the GF doesn't mind.

#49     Apr 9, 2012
  10. When you can't see your feet anymore she'll mind. Even with all those profits!
    :p

#50     Apr 9, 2012