Short AAPL $632 I got 'em

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Uncle_Ho, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Good1

Good1

Shouldn't this thread be in the Psychology forum? ;]

#21     Apr 6, 2012
  2. Klamath

Klamath

How do you figure?

#22     Apr 6, 2012
  3. Bipolar disorder was formerly called manic depression. It is a major affective disorder, or mood disorder, characterized by dramatic mood swings. Bipolar disorder is a serious condition, when mania causes sleeplessness, sometimes for days, along with hallucinations, psychosis, grandiose delusions, and/or paranoid rage.

Sounds like the Stock Market to me!

:eek:

:confused:

#23     Apr 6, 2012
  4. I like that kind of talk when I'm Long...
    :D

#24     Apr 6, 2012
  5. nothing ever continues to run perfectly. the stock is so high because its insane to short big. charts tell you a story but when your at all time highs there is never bad news in the charts. when this stock drops it will be news driven and not running perfectly anymore.

#25     Apr 6, 2012
  6. After 9 years of trading, I'm pretty good at visual analysis ... just eyeing the chart :)

I would like to go long now, to try some longer term trading, but I first have to arrange to go overnight with my prop firm.

#26     Apr 7, 2012
  7. You really think that this is the time to go long AAPL? Could I please ask you why? Especially after all the growth, new CEO, China problems, problems with new products.

#27     Apr 7, 2012
  8. you did not name one problem to hurt the move up. if the firm continues to grow its profit there is no such thing as bad news. the only short play on this stock is news driven and i hope your the first guy to hit that short button because it will be the trade of your life.

#28     Apr 7, 2012
  9. Like I said, just eyeballing the chart. I see no flaws in the uptrend yet, so there should be some upward action left, to between $700 and $800. But now you make me doubt ... that's why I ignore all news, except longer-term macro-economic.

Uncle Ho may be right though and I wrong, there's no certainty in trading.

#29     Apr 7, 2012
  10. If the Nasdaq Composite corrects back to a higher low of 3000, which wouldn't break its uptrend, AAPL could fall back to 575 easy enough and its uptrend would still be OK too.
    Then Uncle Ho will be a guru after all!
    Everyone's saying "a pullback is due", so we'll see if it happens during the next few weeks.
    Hard to time these things without a crystal ball.

#30     Apr 8, 2012