Short AAPL $620 I got 'em

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Uncle_Ho, Mar 28, 2012.

1. rockn

rockn

I think we'll see $700 before any sell off

#51     Mar 31, 2012
  2. why ?

#52     Mar 31, 2012
  3. rockn

rockn

I was looking at the 60 min when I wrote this. I think valuation its ridiculas, but just from what I'm reading about funds positioning into aapl before end of quarter and and the momentum in the market right now, election year,ect. I think may/june market sell off makes more sense. Also, all of the liquididty that has been pumped into market may catapault marlet to extremes now rather than later for correction.

Reasons for selling in aapl itself though may be lack of certainty on direction of company under new leadership, so maybe see some extreme volatility if this is the top. I could be wrong. I am long 575 and 600 calls (small accnt) so I'm biased towards going higher short term.

• sc.png
      File size:
      33 KB
      Views:
    #53     Mar 31, 2012
  4. heywally

heywally

Questionable trade, could work though of course. AAPL is 'overowned'.

If I was betting on a big correction -- and I'm not since I don't have a crystal ball and we are in a big uptrend; shorting this is not best practice trading -- I'd just short the Russell index; you'd still have some nice downside performance in a sell-off without the individual company risk.

#54     Mar 31, 2012
  5. I want the individual company risk.

610s settled at 35.65. I am up 41% on those. I did some other strikes as well, 40% in 3 days not toooooooo bad.

#55     Mar 31, 2012
  6. they dont mean much until booked. good luck

#56     Mar 31, 2012
  7. heywally

heywally

In a broad market sell-off, my money would be on TF going down faster than AAPL.

#57     Apr 1, 2012
  8. There is no way Foxconn is going to raise wages, improve living conditions in their slave shelters, etc. without AAPL realizing increase in cost of goods to be sold. AAPL also announced a dividend which will decrease their balance sheet. I can see $100 pullback. Ever talk to someone on an i-phone? It's trash. The i-phone is like the amphicar - a horrible car and a horrible boat but the only thing that does both. The amphicar had no competition and it failed. AAPL has unlimited competition. Brand loyalty is their biggest asset and that's always temporary.

#58     Apr 1, 2012
  9. hajimow

hajimow

You are envisioning a program in 60 minutes or CNBC called "The rise and fall of Apple -A tech giant"

#59     Apr 1, 2012
  10. heywally

heywally

I see no evidence at all that AAPL has any significant fundamental problems relative to it's prospects and valuation.

Since I trade it -- buy the dips until it's proven that doesn't work anymore and then sell the moves up -- frequently, I welcome the constant skepticism and top picking.

#60     Apr 1, 2012